Lots of Pennsic Choir News!

  • chrissings@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2007

      Greetings!

      The bound music for Pennsic Choir is now available.  Thanks to Baron Aelfgar and Mistress Sigried for driving to Bowie in a foul "Noreaster" to pick it up for me!

      Reminder:  There is a local Pennsic Choir rehearsal at my house on Sunday, Aprill 22nd at 1:30 p.m.  I'd really like to take a crack at Chantez a Dieu.  It is a tricky litle ditty. <grin> Directions are at the end of this missive.

      Also, there will be a Pennsic Choir Rehearsal/Atlantian Pick-up Choir Performance at June University (June 2nd) in College Park, MD. (Barony of Storvik, Kingdom of Atlantia )...in other words, the Atlantian Pick-up Choir will be performing some of the music we're using for Pennsic.   Everyone is welcome, even if they are unable to sing at Pennsic.  The University Chancellor has tentatively scheduled two hours for our rehearsal.  We will probably sing Cantate Domino, This is the Day, Adoramus Te, and O Magnum.  If everybody works really hard at learning the music ahead of time...we may be able to squeeze in another piece.  More details will be posted as they become available.

      Lord Geffrei:  I do plan on attending Sapphire Joust...let's talk off-line about a rehearsal on Sunday!

      Master Corun, please be so kind as to forward this to the Atlantian Peformer's Guild List, Merry Rose and Pearl list.  Mistress Frevonia, if you would be good enough to forward this to the Laurel list, I'd be in your debt.  Those of you in other Kingdoms, please feel free to post this to appropriate lists in your respective Kingdoms.

      YIS!
      Arianna M.

      Directions to Arianna and Reynard�s House

      405 Arundel Rd., Tracys Landing, MD  20779 (410) 286-8108

      From the North:

      • Take your best route to the Washington Beltway. (Rt 495)
      • Exit at Rt. 4 South towards Upper Marlboro.
      • Continue Rt. 4 through Upper Marboro and exit at Rt. 258 & Rt 259 (Bristol/Deale).  Follow the exit ramp around to the left and over the Rt. 4 overpass and continue you straight on Rt. 258.
      • Drive approximately 4.5 miles and turn right on Rt. 2 South.
      • Continue on Rt. 2 for approximately 5 miles and turn left on Rt. 423 Fairhaven Rd.
      • Continue around many curves and over the causeway and up the hill.
      • Turn left on Arundel Rd. and make an immediate right into the driveway.  Go up the hill our house is at the very top.  (It is not numbered)

      (As an alternative, take Rt. 32 East to Rt 97 South to Rt. 2 South)

      From Southern MD.

      • Take Rt. 4 North to Rt. 2 North.
      • Continue on Rt. 2 for approximately 5 miles.  You will go through the Rt. 2/Rt. 260 intersection.
      • Make the next right onto Rt. 261.  Continue on Rt. 261 for approximately 1.5 miles.
      • Turn left onto Fairhaven Rd. continue approximately 1.5 miles and
      • Turn right on Arundel Rd. and make an immediate right into the driveway.  Go up the hill our house is at the very top.  (It is not numbered)

      From the South (through VA)

      • Take your best route to 95 North - - Keep going past King�s Dominion
      • Take exit 104 (Rt. 207 to Rt. 301 North) and bear right.
      • Stay on Rt. 301 North over the Harry W. Nice Bridge in Dahlgren into MD. And continue through Waldorf.  Beware after Waldorf, Rt 301 splits to the right.  Continue on Rt. 301 North to Rt. 4 South.
      • Continue Rt. 4 through Upper Marlboro and exit at Rt. 258 & Rt 259 (Bristol/Deale).  Follow the exit ramp around to the left and over the Rt. 4 overpass and continue you straight on Rt. 258.