Re: [KWChoir] Re: available files

  • chrissings@juno.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 12, 2007

      Thank you.

      Arianna M.

      -- "Karen Kasper" <arianna_wyn@...> wrote:

      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups .com, "luvbunnynumber13" <luvbunny13@ ...>
      wrote:

      > disappointed to see the "Musica, Die ganz Lieblich Kunst" folder
      > devoid of helpful audio files. *Sigh.*

      Sigh no more! The files have been uploaded. FYI, the MIDIs for the
      individual parts were saved with all parts audible but the selected
      part louder than the rest, so while you're learning your part you can
      hear how it will sound in context with the rest of the choir.

      The Other Arianna (NOT this year's Pennsic Choir director)

    • corun@medievalist.org
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 12, 2007
        The other Arianna wrote:

        >Sigh no more! The files have been uploaded. FYI, the MIDIs for the
        >individual parts were saved with all parts audible but the selected
        >part louder than the rest, so while you're learning your part you can
        >hear how it will sound in context with the rest of the choir.

        What program did you use to export to midi with one part being
        louder? That's very cool and I've never thought of doing that. I am
        currently using Finale 2005b and will now have to see if I can do
        that. Did you have each part on a different midi channel?

        Corun
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 12, 2007
          I use Noteworthy, which was recommended to me by Mistress Costanzia from Lochac.  Bonus - it's cheap, only about $40!  I believe each part is a separate MIDI channel - in any case, you can set the volume for each part separately.  I started doing that for my own choir last year.  Especially on pieces that have a lot of contrapuntal action, it can be helpful to hear all of the parts while learning your own.

          Arianna W

          corun@... wrote:
          The other Arianna wrote:

          >Sigh no more! The files have been uploaded. FYI, the MIDIs for the
          >individual parts were saved with all parts audible but the selected
          >part louder than the rest, so while you're learning your part you can
          >hear how it will sound in context with the rest of the choir.

          What program did you use to export to midi with one part being
          louder? That's very cool and I've never thought of doing that. I am
          currently using Finale 2005b and will now have to see if I can do
          that. Did you have each part on a different midi channel?

          Corun
          .

          Karen Kasper

          "I told myself that acts of folly are the only things that one doesn't regret in life." - Jean-Paul Guyot

          "I believe in the indomitable human spirit and the amazing capacity we have for understanding the world; for love, joy and happiness." - Michael Shermer

          with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.