Re: [KWChoir] available files

  • HEL
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 10, 2007
      I downloaded "Jet Audio", a conversion program from
      download.com and converted the midis to wave files so
      I could put them on my pda. You might try that.

      HEL
    • chrissings@juno.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 11, 2007

        My Lady:

        I truly admire your enthusiasm.  As I mentioned in my e-mail...to the list...I having some back issues that will not allow me to sit on the computer for long periods of time and I am a tad bit behind...but not too far behind.  Mistress Arianna W. has graciously agreed to post the music for me.  I'm sure that a gifted muscian such as yourself will have no trouble learning the music in the remaining 4.5 months...especially if you only have to learn one part vice two.  Please learn Alto.  On Tu Es Petrus...2nd Alto would be great.

        Your continued patience is appreciated.

        Yours in Service,

        Mistress Arianna Morgan

        Director

        -- "luvbunnynumber13" <luvbunny13@...> wrote:

        I've downloaded the midi files, and discovered that I can listen to
        them on my computer, but the newest version of Windows Media Player
        will not burn the files to an audio CD. =( Any suggestions? Also,
        disappointed to see the "Musica, Die ganz Lieblich Kunst" folder
        devoid of helpful audio files. *Sigh.*

        In Service,
        Dalla

        PS--I plan to learn both the Alto and Tenor parts. Just let me know
        which one you'd rather I sing.

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 11, 2007
          --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "luvbunnynumber13" <luvbunny13@...>
          wrote:

          > disappointed to see the "Musica, Die ganz Lieblich Kunst" folder
          > devoid of helpful audio files. *Sigh.*

          Sigh no more! The files have been uploaded. FYI, the MIDIs for the
          individual parts were saved with all parts audible but the selected
          part louder than the rest, so while you're learning your part you can
          hear how it will sound in context with the rest of the choir.

          The Other Arianna (NOT this year's Pennsic Choir director)
        • chrissings@juno.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 12, 2007

            Thank you.

            Arianna M.

          • corun@medievalist.org
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 12, 2007
              The other Arianna wrote:

              >Sigh no more! The files have been uploaded. FYI, the MIDIs for the
              >individual parts were saved with all parts audible but the selected
              >part louder than the rest, so while you're learning your part you can
              >hear how it will sound in context with the rest of the choir.

              What program did you use to export to midi with one part being
              louder? That's very cool and I've never thought of doing that. I am
              currently using Finale 2005b and will now have to see if I can do
              that. Did you have each part on a different midi channel?

              Corun
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 12, 2007
                I use Noteworthy, which was recommended to me by Mistress Costanzia from Lochac.  Bonus - it's cheap, only about $40!  I believe each part is a separate MIDI channel - in any case, you can set the volume for each part separately.  I started doing that for my own choir last year.  Especially on pieces that have a lot of contrapuntal action, it can be helpful to hear all of the parts while learning your own.

                Arianna W

                corun@... wrote:
                The other Arianna wrote:

                >Sigh no more! The files have been uploaded. FYI, the MIDIs for the
                >individual parts were saved with all parts audible but the selected
                >part louder than the rest, so while you're learning your part you can
                >hear how it will sound in context with the rest of the choir.

                What program did you use to export to midi with one part being
                louder? That's very cool and I've never thought of doing that. I am
                currently using Finale 2005b and will now have to see if I can do
                that. Did you have each part on a different midi channel?

                Corun
                .

                Karen Kasper

                "I told myself that acts of folly are the only things that one doesn't regret in life." - Jean-Paul Guyot

                "I believe in the indomitable human spirit and the amazing capacity we have for understanding the world; for love, joy and happiness." - Michael Shermer

                with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.