PDFs of Pennsic 36 Program

  • stuermerc
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 18, 2007
      ...have been posted under the Pennsic 36 Program file folder.

      You may save these directly to your hard disk by right "clicking" on
      the title and then selecting "save target as". As an alternative, can
      simply open the file in your browser and print it!

      I will notify everyone when the midi files have been posted.

      Cheers!
      Arianna M.
    • HEL
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 18, 2007
        Do you have the song order decided yet?

        HEL
      • chrissings@juno.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 18, 2007

          Yup.  Here ya go!

          Cantate Domino

          This is the Day

          Adoramus Te

          Psalm 96 Chantez a Dieu

          O Magnum Mysterium

          Musica Die Gans Lieblich Kunst

          Tu es Petrus

          -- HEL <helthehorrible@...> wrote:

          Do you have the song order decided yet?

          HEL

        • Christine Bakken/Bridget
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 18, 2007
            Hey after looking at the songs.  I actually already knew 2 of the songs.

            Bridget

            -- HEL <helthehorrible@ yahoo.com> wrote:
            Do you have the song order decided yet?

            HEL

            In Service to a Dream,

            Christine Bakken

            SCA Name: Bridget

            Where from: Northshield (Grand Forks, ND)

            TV dinner still cooling?

          • chrissings@juno.com

              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 19, 2007
                Let's This is the day
                and
                adroamus te

                lets see it's been few years since I did they last one but I still remember the latin,  So that is one not to worry about.
                I have never done geremen before its not very popular up here in ND.  But latin was.

                Christine

                -- Christine Bakken/Bridget <clysne@yahoo. com> wrote:
[...]

                Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
                in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

              • chrissings@juno.com

                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 19, 2007

                    Here’s a stab at phonetically spelling Musica, Die ganz Lieblich Kunst. Pronounce all letters.

                    Musica = Moo-si-ka short i

                    Die = dee

                    Ganz = gahntz G as in gate

                    Lieblich = leeb-lich ch as in Scottish loch

                    Kunst = koonst oo as in soon

                    Ist = ist short i

                    Ehrenwert = eh – wren – vert   eh is like slang for I can’t hear you.

                    Zu = tzoo

                    Halten = hall – ten

                    Hat = hat a as in father

                    Billig = bill – lig short I’s pronounch both L’s

                    Allenthaben = ahl – lent – hahl – ben

                    Gunst = goon-st

                    Bei = bye

                    Jungen = yoon-gen

                    Und = oont

                    Alten = all-ten

                    Leidet = Lie – det

                    Schmerz = schm – er - tz pronounce all letters. “er” as in early

                    Tut = toot

                    All = all

                    Unmut = un – moot

                    Vertreiben = Fer-try-ben

                    Traurig = Traw-rig almost put a “K” in the “G”

                    Niemand = Nee – man – d

                    Bleiben = bli – ben long I

                    Viel = Feel

                    Elder = elder

                    Kraft = craft

                    Zie = zee

                    Mitsich = mit-si-sh short i

                    Bringt = bring-t

                    Davon = da – fon

                    Wir = veer

                    Alle = all-le

                    Zeu-gen = tzeu – gen  eu as in Sigmund Freud

                    Durch = doer – ch  ch as above

                    Hertze = Hertz – a  like the car company with “a” on the end.

                    Dringt = I as in pin not English ing pronounce everything

                    Ihr = ear

                    Lieblichkeit = Lee-b-lich-kite

                    Wer = Ver  er as in early

                    Könnt = Kern – t

                    Lob = Lobe

                    Verschweigen = Fir – schwi – gen  long I in the middle sylable

                    Es = Ess

                    Müsst = Mers-st er as in early

                    Doch = o as in doe ch as in Scottish loch

                    Sein = sign

                    Ein = as above without the S

                    Harter = a as in father e as in tent

                    Stein = as in vessel for beer Stine

                    Der = short e like eh

                    Sich = short I ch like loch

                    Nicht = short I, ch like loch, t

                    Liess = lee – ss

                    Bewegen = Beh-vA-gen

                    Wenn = venn

                    Gesangtut = ge-song-toot

                    Regen = ra – gen

                    Drum = droom

                    Wollen = vohl-len

                    Heller = hell – ler

                    Frau = fraw

                    Stets = short e

                    Preisen = prize – en

                    Gewisslich = guh-vish-lish

                    Immerdar = im-meer-dar

                    Stimmt = stem – mt

                    Erklingen = er – cling – en

                    Den = Long German e almost dane

                    Hört = hurt

                    This covers most of the words and will not be completely accurate but will give you a good starting place.

                    Geffrei

                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 19, 2007
                      Thanks, Geffrei!

                      My choir has been singing this piece for about a year now, and that was pretty accurate except that the words beginning with S usually don't sound like an English "S", but either a "Z" or an "Sh."  For example, "sein" and "sich" are pronounced "zine" (long i) and "zich" (short i, Scottish ch), while "stein," "stimmt" and "stets" are pronounced "shtine" (also long i), "shtimt" (short i) and "shtets" (short e).

                      Arianna of Wynthrope (*not* Arianna Morgan) :-)

                      • Katie Sadler-Stephenson
                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 20, 2007
                          I would also add, don't be afraid of German, it's easier than it looks
                          because it's a consistent language. And one thing that is helpful
                          with words with "ie" or "ei" in them is just to pronounce the second
                          vowel. If it has "ei" it is "eye" as someone put it earlier and "ie"
                          is "eee". In college I always just used to cross out the first vowel
                          until I got really comfortable with that!

                          --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Christine Bakken/Bridget <clysne@...>
                          wrote:

                          > I very much thank you both for your help. I will certainly take a
                          stab at it. by summer I might even get it.

                          > Christine

                        • Lisa Briner
                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 20, 2007
                            My singer daughter learned it this way:
                            When the first vowel is walkin' - the second does the talkin'
                            (silly, but effective)

                            Ysabel

                            wrote:

                            > I very much thank you both for your help. I will certainly take a
                            stab at it. by summer I might even get it.

                            > Christine

                          • erlannordenskald
                            Message 13 of 16 , Feb 20, 2007
                              Hey all, Erlan here.
                              Just a heads up to all our members.
                              1) SPAMMING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED
                              2) Try and edit your posts by deleting the digests when answering or
                              replying to a post. Snip only the sections that refer to the topic.
                              3) Change the subject line only if you're changing the subject.
                              4)Be nice, be clean and be friendly
                              5) Organize files and pictures into your own folders.

                              that's all

                              just doing my job

                              Sing well, sing LOUD and sing often..........

                              WHEN IS AN ESTRELLA REPORT COMING IN??????????

                              erlandr
                            • chrissings@juno.com
                              Message 14 of 16 , Feb 24, 2007

                                Thanks guys.  No worries.  We will go over all pronunciations in rehearsal to ensure everyone is pronouncing things the same way.  I feel fairly comfortable with German and the Latin.

                                I don't feel quite as comfortable with French.  I avoided it like the plague in college to nasal sounding for me.

                                Is there anyone on the list who speaks french well enough to help out the ole director with the pronouciation of of Chantez a Dieu?

                                Thanks!

                                Arianna M.

                                Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@ yahoo.com> wrote:
[...]

                                K�nnt = Kern � t
                                Lob = Lobe
                                Verschweigen = Fir � schwi � gen  long I in the middle sylable
                                Es = Ess
                                M�sst = Mers-st er as in early
[...]
                                H�rt = hurt

                                Message 15 of 16 , Feb 24, 2007
                                  I was a French major in college (mumble, mumble) years ago. Of course
                                  that was modern French. I am *acquainted* with period pronunciation,
                                  but no expert. Will you be at KASF next week? We could do a first pass
                                  on it there.

                                  Ysolt
                                  --
                                  Maîtresse Ysolt la Bretonne, OP
                                  Barony of Windmasters' Hill
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Feb 24, 2007

                                    Merci Beaucoup (sp?) Madame Ysolt:

                                    I will be a Kingdom A&S encouraging Pennsic Choir participation....among other things.

                                    Master Corun loaned me a really nifty book that may help us "periodize" (I'm pretty sure that's not a real word - - but it gets the point accross) the modern French.

                                    Your help is always appreciated.

                                    See you next week!

                                    Arianna M.

                                    -- Ysolt la Bretonne <ysolt@...> wrote:

                                    I was a French major in college (mumble, mumble) years ago. Of course
                                    that was modern French. I am *acquainted* with period pronunciation,
                                    but no expert. Will you be at KASF next week? We could do a first pass
                                    on it there.

                                    Ysolt
                                    --
                                    Ma�tresse Ysolt la Bretonne, OP