Estrella KWC info?

  • Bruce Rawitch
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2007
      Is there going to be an Estrella KWC this year? I hadn't seen any info
      yet on this list or on the Estrella Website on first glance.

      Thanks
      Brice (Lilies KWC director)
    • erlannordenskald
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2007
        > Is there going to be an Estrella KWC this year? I hadn't seen any
        info
        > yet on this list or on the Estrella Website on first glance.

        >YES!!!!!! and it should be well under way in the planning
        stages...........
        hhhhhmmmmmm
        any info on that??????

        hint hint,

        Erlan (da boss)
        wants to know!!!
      • Donald F. Harrington
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2007
          Sorry about the delay here, it appears that my email address was
          bouncing messages from the KWChoir list. I don't know why, but I've
          "un-bounced" myself and it seems to be working well now.

          The short and simple of it is that we are working on Estrella for this
          year; we have rehearsal time reserved in the A&S Pavilion from noon to
          2 each day. This is just like last year - we found the regular
          schedule better than a staggered one. Also, the A&S collegium is a
          natural gathering area for artists. Mistress Ealasaid has coordinated
          the allocation of rehearsal space and I've received communications
          from the War Officer so I know it's set. I see that there's little to
          no info on any of the A&S on the Estrella site yet, so I'll follow up
          on that.

          Performance follows Queens' Tea on Sunday - that time has just been
          changed this last week to 2:00 when Queens' Tea was rescheduled.
          Music to be posted within the week.

          I would really like to find some other directors in this area. The
          last quarter of 2006 was completely filled with modern life, much of
          it sad. That's what has kept me from being as responsive this year as
          I'd prefer to be. It's not that I want to stop doing music, just
          that I'd like to share the load.

          Don Harrington
          Lazarus Artifex
        • erlannordenskald
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 9, 2007
            Ahh, there you are.
            I'm so glad that things are working nicely.
            Suggestion - Look for a deputy this year to train to take the choir
            either next year or in the future, or at least to help take some of
            the choir responsibilities off of you, so that your mundane life
            isn't affected too much.
            I've been toying around with the reality of coming out there
            myself, and this year, it looks like a no. Next year however might
            actually be a possibility.

            It is also NOT necessary to have a conductor that is local. If it
            ever comes that you want / need a break I will find someone to direct
            the group out there. You got it going and I cant' thank you enough
            for what you've done for the Known World Choir.
            Estrella was the second site for a choir so it was Estrella that
            make truth out of the name of the group. Lillies was the third site
            to host the choir and I can't be happier.

            So, folks, I put the call out, Is there anyone one out there who
            might consider directing the West group in the future?
            Please let us know. E mail me off list or Lazarus off list and we'll
            talk.