Re: M-I-L

  • Maria Daggett
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2006
      LOL, Susan, your e mail made me laugh and shake my head. That
      advice at the end is very helpful. People have told me similar
      things... and it's true, I can't change how she treats me, but I
      can control and change how I react and treat others.

      I'm dealing. I've got 6 days left until the wedding.
      6 weeks before the weddding she asked me to change the date.
      She's been pestering me about the rehearsal dinner.... why can't
      we have had it a week before the wedding
      She is Jewish, or at least was but is now Catholic except that
      she's never received sacraments and thinks tht Christmas is the
      greatest holiday but has NO idea why people celebrate it.
      She is the mother of the man I will marry, so I must learn to
      deal.

      I can't make her like me. I can't make her accept me......

      *sigh*

      Thanks for sharing.

      Keep singing every one!!!

      Erlan
    • Vicki Wyan
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
        Erlan, how could anyone not like you? sheesh. I
        suppose she's never heard the bit about it's the
        bride's family's "thing" to plan the wedding. As
        mother of the groom she's just supposed show up,
        sniffle at the appropriate spots, and maybe dance with
        her widdle boy at the reception. At least it's mostly
        Zach who's caught between a rock and a hard place.
        Who's his woman now... what a mine field. Be glad you
        don't live in one of those cultures where you'd be
        expected to move into his folks' house and be at the
        mercy of mom-in-law's tyranny.

        Anyhow I am sure it'll all work out somehow.
        Blue

        http://mail.yahoo.com