Re: [KWChoir] Looking for music recommendations

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 25, 2006
      Thanks Gwendolyn!  I have a couple of Dunstable pieces ("O Rosa Bella" and "Quam Pulchra Es") but of course he's English and they already get their say in the Agincourt Carol. :-)
      Guillaume Legrant sounds like a possibility, though I have to shamefacedly admit that I've never sprung for a copy of the HAM so I'll have to hit the library to look at that one - no sheet music online that I can find, though there are a few bios.
      And of course, I misspoke - Dufay, like Binchois, was already born by the time of the battle, but he was only 18 so he probably hadn't written much yet in 1415.  In any case, we'll be singing his "Ave Regina Coelorum."

      Jennifer Kobayashi <jhkob@...> wrote:

      --- Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@ yahoo.com> wrote:

      > Hi folks! I am looking for suggestions from the
      > Known World Choir brain trust. :-)
      > My baronial choir will be performing at an
      > Agincourt-themed event in about a month. We already
      > have a couple of appropriate pieces (obviously the
      > Agincourt carol, and another, similar piece, plus an
      > earlier one).

      Try Dunstable; he's the right time period. HAM also
      has a piece by Guillame Legrant(#56 p60) who
      flourished in 1419 apparently - looks pretty easy.
      I'll let you know if I find anything else.

      Gwendolyn of Middlemarch/ Jennifer

      Karen Kasper

      "I told myself that acts of folly are the only things that one doesn't regret in life." - Jean-Paul Guyot

      "I believe in the indomitable human spirit and the amazing capacity we have for understanding the world; for love, joy and happiness." - Michael Shermer

      Do you Yahoo!?