Re: after war

  • Maria Daggett
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2006
      Hello and welcome back to the real world. Or rather, the 49
      week town run!
      First let me begin by saying a very large THANK YOU to Ariana
      for the work she put in this year with the Choir. It was an
      amazing performance. The recording came out pretty well. After
      my weding I will be mixing and creating the KWC CD for pepole.
      I should have it available around Christmas time!!

      The Choir is something very special to me. When I was much
      younger and trying to find a place to fit into the SCA after I
      had to stop fighting and let my first personae "die" I needed an
      outlet. After singing for a few years with Jocelyn and then
      Elfrida, I found a place where I felt at home. I knew that this
      was where I wanted to put my efforts. It's now years later and
      the Choir has grown so much to include so many people over so
      many countires and Kingdoms.

      Thank you Ariana for doing such a wonderful job with the choir.
      Hearing so many wonderful stories and seeing so many happy
      people makes me so very happy.

      Ariana, from Atlantia, our director for XXXVI called me the
      Choir Mommy. That was sort of odd, but in a way it does fit!

      We've got a busy year next year!!

      Estrella KWC 3
      Gulf Wars KWC 1
      Lillies KWC 2
      Pennsic KWC 24 (i think)
      and hopefully we will see a KWC in Lohac this year

      For Lohac, I just need a war or event and a contact. The rest
      will happen!

      We shall also give a large welcome to the director for next
      year's Pennsic Choir, also named Ariana!! More details shall be
      forthcoming.

      Thank you to all the participants!! It was a wonderful
      performance!!

      Erlan Nordenskald, Co-ordinator KWC, Director Emeritas
    • chrissings@juno.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2006

        Greetings Everyone:

        I would like to join Lady Erlan and all of the Pennsic Choir members in thanking Mistress Arianna for all her hard work and dedication.  It was a lovely program and a fabulous concert.

        As Lady Erlan mentioned in her previous e-mail, I have been given the honor of directing next year's Pennsic Choir.  I am absolutely delighted to have been given this opportunity.  I have already starting "reading" for the program.  It is my goal to have the music posted on-line by Jan 07.

        It is my sincere wish that all of you who sang in this year's choir will return and that those who couldn't attend Pennsic this year will be able to sing with us at Pennsic 36.

        Thank you in advance for your support.

        Yours in Service,

        Mistress Arianna Morgan (the "other Arianna" <grin>)

        Kingdom of Atlantia, Barony of Lochmere

        P.S.  Remember our motto - "We're looking for a few good men (& women) to sing Tenor and Bass!