RE: [KWChoir] After Pennsic

  • leoasc@cecomet.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 21, 2006
      Michel and I also had an absolutely wonderful time singing with the Known World Choir this year. Each day since Thursday we've been saying to each other, "I miss choir!"

      Getting to sing my favorite, "Gentil Senora Mia", was truly the highlight of my Pennsic. All of the songs were challenging and fun, and did we perform them successfully or what?! And the internal music continues yet... Every so often one of us will say something like, "I keep thinking about 'Dindirin' and get a response like "I know what you mean, only with me it's 'Otro Tal' now...this morning it was 'Sitientes'..." We want to hold on to whatever we can of this happy experience. If there is a CD of our performance, we will surely want a copy.

      Thank you, Mistress Arianna, for choosing such good pieces and preparing us so well!

      Lady Jane Atwell

      "As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." -- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    • Paul Cook-Giles
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 21, 2006

        Greetings to all of you from sunny Caid.  Having just returned from Pennsic, that wonderful concert is still fresh in my mind.  I snuck away from Caidan dinner court as quickly as possible, arrived just before Wohlgemut played, and got to listen to the rest of the singing-- and it was truly wonderful.  My thanks to everyone who worked so hard to present that music;  your efforts were well-rewarded.

        Giles,

        lurker and auditor