After Pennsic

  • Laela Delprat
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 20, 2006
      Hi everybody.
      I just wanted to say thanks to you all for being so friendly and
      welcoming during my week at Pennsic. I loved the music, and
      having the opportunity to sing with you all. The final performance
      went so well, I buzzed from the experience all night! (Seriously - I
      didn't go to bed till 5am!)
      Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing all of you again, here
      in Lochac.

      Helene
    • melissa mazur
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 21, 2006

        Likewise from the altos.....great effort from all of us. I enjoyed the music and found myself humming the melodies after I got home. Thanks to Arriana for a great concert. Please let us know if we can purchase a DVD of the concert. See everyone next year.

        Denw verch Rhys

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 21, 2006
          I have sung with the Pennsic Choir off and on for years. This is the
          first time in my experience that the Wed. rehearsal ended early. We were
          so prepared, a little Spanish, or whatever, not withstanding, that we
          could quit early. I have always felt that I needed 2-3 more days to be
          ready.

          It was such a joy to sing with all of you. I pulled the music out last
          night just to sing some more. Pase al agua has been rattling around in
          my brain a lot. I hope to convince the choir master at my church to have
          our choir sing the sacred pieces.

          Thank you Arianna for making this year such a rewarding experience.

          Ysolt

          --
          MaƮtresse Ysolt la Bretonne, OP
          Barony of Windmasters' Hill
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 21, 2006
            Hi folks!

            I'm wading through piles of stuff at work, as I imagine most of you are, so this will have to be brief, but I want to thank you all again for a wonderful experience directing the Pennsic Choir.  Your hard work made for a great concert!

            As many of you know, my husband passed away last fall.  I almost decided to step aside from directing the Pennsic Choir because I knew this would be a difficult Pennsic for me. I am so glad I didn't.  It was a tremendous lift, a once-in-a-lifetime experience that I would not have missed for the world, directing such a talented and dedicated group of singers.  I appreciate your patience and energy, and I hope everyone enjoyed the concert as much as I did!

            I've been told that a video and two audio recordings of the concert will be forthcoming.  As soon as they become available, I'll let people know.

            Thanks again.  You all MADE my Pennsic!

            Arianna of Wynthrope
            Director, Pennsic Choir 35

          • leoasc@cecomet.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 21, 2006
              Michel and I also had an absolutely wonderful time singing with the Known World Choir this year. Each day since Thursday we've been saying to each other, "I miss choir!"

              Getting to sing my favorite, "Gentil Senora Mia", was truly the highlight of my Pennsic. All of the songs were challenging and fun, and did we perform them successfully or what?! And the internal music continues yet... Every so often one of us will say something like, "I keep thinking about 'Dindirin' and get a response like "I know what you mean, only with me it's 'Otro Tal' now...this morning it was 'Sitientes'..." We want to hold on to whatever we can of this happy experience. If there is a CD of our performance, we will surely want a copy.

              Thank you, Mistress Arianna, for choosing such good pieces and preparing us so well!

              Lady Jane Atwell

              "As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." -- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
            • Paul Cook-Giles
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 21, 2006

                Greetings to all of you from sunny Caid.  Having just returned from Pennsic, that wonderful concert is still fresh in my mind.  I snuck away from Caidan dinner court as quickly as possible, arrived just before Wohlgemut played, and got to listen to the rest of the singing-- and it was truly wonderful.  My thanks to everyone who worked so hard to present that music;  your efforts were well-rewarded.

                Giles,

                lurker and auditor