RE: [KWChoir] Re: It's almost time

  • Lisa Briner
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 2, 2006
      My lord,

      Is there a trick to getting the files from my computer (Mac) to a CD that can be played in my car's player? I can listen to the music (thankyouthankyouthankyou!) through my computer, but found the CD I burned will not play in the car or on boombox.

      Looking forward to singing with you,
      Ysabel

      Geffrei Maudeleyne <Geffrei@...> wrote:
      I am not in charge, but you can get the music in PDF form in the files section of the Yahoo Group. There are also MDID files.  If you need MP3 files, crude ones can be found on my site http://www.elchenbu rg.org/Pennsic% 20MP3.htm. Pronunciation is wrong in many cases as the computer voice is not an expert. To download the files, go to the sub folder you want and right click on the file name. Choose the Save target as option and point to your hard drive, IPod or whatever. I made a disk that will be playing much of the 8 hour trip Friday.

      Geffrei

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 2, 2006

        I have a PC. Although my truck has a CD/MP3 player, I made a CD version through the software that came on my computer. I think the trick is that you have to make a music CD and not a data CD. MP3 files are possibly considered data on your system.

        My computer expertise is slipping as I do not do so for a living anymore and only have to deal with my home systems.

        Geffrei

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 3, 2006
            Save files to drive and create a music CD not data.

            Geofrei - your exprtise seems wonderful to me... and be careful what
            you say....
            living anymore and only have to deal with my home systems.

            -> -> -> -> I am not in charge, <- <- <0

            we can fix that... at most any time... in the near future..... there
            are many concerts to be directed..... Bwwaahhh BBWWAAHHHHAAAA

            (says the big cheese)
          • Ysabiau Jolicoeur d'Avignon
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 3, 2006
              I just wanted to "chime" in and let everyone
              know that I hope you have a great concert! I will
              miss it much this year; last year was my first
              Pennsic and it was ALL about the chorus! (I was
              the tall lady in the black dress)

              I have gone back to teaching elementary music -
              and alas- Pennsic parallels my county's first two
              full weeks of school.

              You're all in my thoughts - can't wait to hear
              the recording,

              Lady Ysabiau la Jolicoeur d'Avignon
              (Trimaris)
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 3, 2006
                Thanks, Ysabiau!  We'll miss you.  Since next year's Pennsic will be a week earlier, maybe you'll be able to come play (and sing) with us next year!

                Arianna

                Ysabiau Jolicoeur d'Avignon <sionedhe@...> wrote:
                I just wanted to "chime" in and let everyone
                know that I hope you have a great concert! I will
                miss it much this year; last year was my first
                Pennsic and it was ALL about the chorus! (I was
                the tall lady in the black dress)

                I have gone back to teaching elementary music -
                and alas- Pennsic parallels my county's first two
                full weeks of school.

                You're all in my thoughts - can't wait to hear
                the recording,

                Lady Ysabiau la Jolicoeur d'Avignon
                (Trimaris)

                Do you Yahoo!?

              • harpadillo
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 4, 2006
                  The MP3s are wonderful, even if the pronunciation is off!  I've been playing them at my job, and they blend in very nicely!

                  Now I gotta try out that program!  Just when you think you don't need any more music software...     : )

                  Niamh "glad I have an 80 gig hard drive" Lachlainn