Re: It's almost time

  • quindallyn
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 2, 2006
      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@...> wrote:

      > Thanks to Lady Erlandr for the missive. I'm looking forward to a
      GREAT choir this year!

      > I will be heading up to Pennsic for Land Grab on THIS Saturday
      morning and staying (more or less) for the duration. Any
      registrations for the Pennsic Choir that are sent after Friday will
      not get to me, but I will have extra binders with the music available
      on site. We could still use more basses, though we're up to 8 or 9
      now, and I will happily take walk-ins at Pennsic as long as they can
      learn the music.

      > See you all in a little over a week. Safe travels, everyone!
      >
      > Arianna of Wynthrope
      > Director, Pennsic 35 Choir
      > Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands
      >

      > P.S. Yes, it's HOT here in western PA this week, but the heat
      wave is supposed to break Thursday and the weather forecast for next
      week looks pretty good - highs in the 80's, lows in the 60's, not
      much rain.

      > Karen Kasper
      >
      > "Only the educated are free." Epictetus (55 AD - 135 AD),
      Discourses

      > "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open
      one." Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990), in Forbes Magazine

      hey im quindally cathrina and i joined the choir about a month ago
      and i was getting worried of wondering whether not i was saposed to
      get the music we are to learn before i go to pennsic and that
      something i didnt do yet was i saposed to? or can i still get it when
      i get there im a fast learner so ill be ok if you can i would
      appreciate it if you get back to me when some info thank you my lady
      hope to hear from you soon
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 2, 2006
        Hi, Quindallyn.

        You can click on each piece of music separately to open the PDF copies, and then either select "File > Save a Copy" and save them to you hard drive, or try printing them straight from the web.  If you don't want to have to do each one separately and you have a copy of the program WinZip, then right-click on the file named Pennsic Choir 2006 PDFs.zip and select "Save Target As."  Then you can get all of the PDF files in one download.  Once you have them on your PC, you just unzip the files and then you can print them.

        If all this is too difficult, you can wait until you arrive at Pennsic and pick up a binder from me then.

        Arianna

        quindallyn <quindallyn@...> wrote:

        hey im quindally cathrina and i joined the choir about a month ago
        and i was getting worried of wondering whether not i was saposed to
        get the music we are to learn before i go to pennsic and that
        something i didnt do yet was i saposed to? or can i still get it when
        i get there im a fast learner so ill be ok if you can i would
        appreciate it if you get back to me when some info thank you my lady
        hope to hear from you soon

      • Geffrei Maudeleyne
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 2, 2006

          I am not in charge, but you can get the music in PDF form in the files section of the Yahoo Group. There are also MDID files.  If you need MP3 files, crude ones can be found on my site http://www.elchenburg.org/Pennsic%20MP3.htm. Pronunciation is wrong in many cases as the computer voice is not an expert. To download the files, go to the sub folder you want and right click on the file name. Choose the Save target as option and point to your hard drive, IPod or whatever. I made a disk that will be playing much of the 8 hour trip Friday.

          Geffrei

          > Thanks to Lady Erlandr for the missive. I'm looking forward to a
          GREAT choir this year!

          > I will be heading up to Pennsic for Land Grab on THIS Saturday
          morning and staying (more or less) for the duration. Any
          registrations for the Pennsic Choir that are sent after Friday will
          not get to me, but I will have extra binders with the music available
          on site. We could still use more basses, though we're up to 8 or 9
          now, and I will happily take walk-ins at Pennsic as long as they can
          learn the music.

          > See you all in a little over a week. Safe travels, everyone!
          >
          > Arianna of Wynthrope
          > Director, Pennsic 35 Choir
          > Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands
          >

          > P.S. Yes, it's HOT here in western PA this week, but the heat
          wave is supposed to break Thursday and the weather forecast for next
          week looks pretty good - highs in the 80's, lows in the 60's, not
          much rain.

          > Karen Kasper
          >
          > "Only the educated are free." Epictetus (55 AD - 135 AD),
          Discourses

          > "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open
          one." Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990), in Forbes Magazine

          hey im quindally cathrina and I joined the choir about a month ago
          and I was getting worried of wondering whether not I was supposed to
          get the music we are to learn before I go to Pennsic and that
          something I didn’t do yet was I supposed to? or can I still get it when
          I get there im a fast learner so ill be ok if you can I would
          appreciate it if you get back to me when some info thank you my lady
          hope to hear from you soon

        • Lisa Briner
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 2, 2006
            My lord,

            Is there a trick to getting the files from my computer (Mac) to a CD that can be played in my car's player? I can listen to the music (thankyouthankyouthankyou!) through my computer, but found the CD I burned will not play in the car or on boombox.

            Looking forward to singing with you,
            Ysabel

            Geffrei Maudeleyne <Geffrei@...> wrote:
            I am not in charge, but you can get the music in PDF form in the files section of the Yahoo Group. There are also MDID files.  If you need MP3 files, crude ones can be found on my site http://www.elchenbu rg.org/Pennsic% 20MP3.htm. Pronunciation is wrong in many cases as the computer voice is not an expert. To download the files, go to the sub folder you want and right click on the file name. Choose the Save target as option and point to your hard drive, IPod or whatever. I made a disk that will be playing much of the 8 hour trip Friday.

            Geffrei

            > Thanks to Lady Erlandr for the missive. I'm looking forward to a
            GREAT choir this year!

            > I will be heading up to Pennsic for Land Grab on THIS Saturday
            morning and staying (more or less) for the duration. Any
            registrations for the Pennsic Choir that are sent after Friday will
            not get to me, but I will have extra binders with the music available
            on site. We could still use more basses, though we're up to 8 or 9
            now, and I will happily take walk-ins at Pennsic as long as they can
            learn the music.

            > See you all in a little over a week. Safe travels, everyone!
            >
            > Arianna of Wynthrope
            > Director, Pennsic 35 Choir
            > Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands
            >

            > P.S. Yes, it's HOT here in western PA this week, but the heat
            wave is supposed to break Thursday and the weather forecast for next
            week looks pretty good - highs in the 80's, lows in the 60's, not
            much rain.

            > Karen Kasper
            >
            > "Only the educated are free." Epictetus (55 AD - 135 AD),
            Discourses

            > "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open
            one." Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990), in Forbes Magazine

            hey im quindally cathrina and I joined the choir about a month ago
            and I was getting worried of wondering whether not I was supposed to
            get the music we are to learn before I go to Pennsic and that
            something I didn’t do yet was I supposed to? or can I still get it when
            I get there im a fast learner so ill be ok if you can I would
            appreciate it if you get back to me when some info thank you my lady
            hope to hear from you soon

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Geffrei Maudeleyne
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 2, 2006

              I have a PC. Although my truck has a CD/MP3 player, I made a CD version through the software that came on my computer. I think the trick is that you have to make a music CD and not a data CD. MP3 files are possibly considered data on your system.

              My computer expertise is slipping as I do not do so for a living anymore and only have to deal with my home systems.

              Geffrei

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 3, 2006
                  Save files to drive and create a music CD not data.

                  Geofrei - your exprtise seems wonderful to me... and be careful what
                  you say....
                  living anymore and only have to deal with my home systems.

                  -> -> -> -> I am not in charge, <- <- <0

                  we can fix that... at most any time... in the near future..... there
                  are many concerts to be directed..... Bwwaahhh BBWWAAHHHHAAAA

                  (says the big cheese)
                • Ysabiau Jolicoeur d'Avignon
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 3, 2006
                    I just wanted to "chime" in and let everyone
                    know that I hope you have a great concert! I will
                    miss it much this year; last year was my first
                    Pennsic and it was ALL about the chorus! (I was
                    the tall lady in the black dress)

                    I have gone back to teaching elementary music -
                    and alas- Pennsic parallels my county's first two
                    full weeks of school.

                    You're all in my thoughts - can't wait to hear
                    the recording,

                    Lady Ysabiau la Jolicoeur d'Avignon
                    (Trimaris)
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 3, 2006
                      Thanks, Ysabiau!  We'll miss you.  Since next year's Pennsic will be a week earlier, maybe you'll be able to come play (and sing) with us next year!

                      Arianna

                      Ysabiau Jolicoeur d'Avignon <sionedhe@...> wrote:
                      I just wanted to "chime" in and let everyone
                      know that I hope you have a great concert! I will
                      miss it much this year; last year was my first
                      Pennsic and it was ALL about the chorus! (I was
                      the tall lady in the black dress)

                      I have gone back to teaching elementary music -
                      and alas- Pennsic parallels my county's first two
                      full weeks of school.

                      You're all in my thoughts - can't wait to hear
                      the recording,

                      Lady Ysabiau la Jolicoeur d'Avignon
                      (Trimaris)

                      Do you Yahoo!?

                    • harpadillo
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 4, 2006
                        The MP3s are wonderful, even if the pronunciation is off!  I've been playing them at my job, and they blend in very nicely!

                        Now I gotta try out that program!  Just when you think you don't need any more music software...     : )

                        Niamh "glad I have an 80 gig hard drive" Lachlainn