Re: [KWChoir] Re: Pennsic Choir web site

  • Jennifer Friedman
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 29, 2004
      Oooh ooh, will attendees be allowed to sightread some Rossi music in your
      classes, Erlan? Even in my synagogue choir I've never gotten to sing any
      Rossi! I feel like it's a huge hole in both my choral and Jewish experience!

      Eliane

      At 04:41 AM 03/01/2004 -0000, you wrote:
      >I checked out the program.......nice pieces, good choice of music. I
      >was so surprised to see the Josqin on there........<grin> Ave Maria,
      >Siobhan's choice.....how about that. (erlan is being silly)
      >
      >I miss singing in a group........I am so tempted to just throw that
      >armour out the window and go ahead and sing instead of all the other
      >stuff that I volunteerd to do at war since I wans't directing the
      >choir.......(rumor has it that erlan actually aggreed to be on STAFF
      >for Pennsic this year.....but that is still just a nasty rumor)
      >
      >I will be teaching 2 classes on the music of Saloman Rossi however.
      >
      >OK, enough commenting........REMEMBER TO JOIN THE CHOIR AND LEARN THE
      >MUSIC AND SING WITH ANNE
      >
      >Lady Erlan Nordenskald, Director Emeritas
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      Lady Eliane Halevy, AoA, OC, OW, OPF, ONC, mka Jennifer Friedman
      Shire of Rokeclif, Principality of Northshield, Middle Kingdom
      http://www.gflower.org/ jfriedmn@...
      1920 Victory St. #10, La Crosse, WI 54601 (608) 788-8781
      Shire of Rokeclif webpage: http://rokeclif.n3.net
      Northshield Choir webpage: http://www.gflower.org/nscmidis.htm
      Northshield Bardic College webpage: http://www.minstrel.com/ncb/
    • erlannordenskald

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2004
          WIll you get to sing some, but of course.......that's
          the fun of it.
          The class will be a very brief history of the
          composer, some religious implications of being an
          Italian and Jewish in the Renaissance and then some
          nifty pieces of music will be read through. I have a
          few madrigals picked and a few psalms, sort of in
          Latin and also with Hebrew lines of text, it's kinda
          neat.
          Just let ol' Erlan fill out that hole, call me a
          hole filler!!...

          http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools