Re: [KWChoir] Re: Pennsic Choir web site

  • Jennifer Friedman
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 29, 2004
      Oooh ooh, will attendees be allowed to sightread some Rossi music in your
      classes, Erlan? Even in my synagogue choir I've never gotten to sing any
      Rossi! I feel like it's a huge hole in both my choral and Jewish experience!

      Eliane

      At 04:41 AM 03/01/2004 -0000, you wrote:
      >I checked out the program.......nice pieces, good choice of music. I
      >was so surprised to see the Josqin on there........<grin> Ave Maria,
      >Siobhan's choice.....how about that. (erlan is being silly)
      >
      >I miss singing in a group........I am so tempted to just throw that
      >armour out the window and go ahead and sing instead of all the other
      >stuff that I volunteerd to do at war since I wans't directing the
      >choir.......(rumor has it that erlan actually aggreed to be on STAFF
      >for Pennsic this year.....but that is still just a nasty rumor)
      >
      >I will be teaching 2 classes on the music of Saloman Rossi however.
      >
      >OK, enough commenting........REMEMBER TO JOIN THE CHOIR AND LEARN THE
      >MUSIC AND SING WITH ANNE
      >
      >Lady Erlan Nordenskald, Director Emeritas
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      Lady Eliane Halevy, AoA, OC, OW, OPF, ONC, mka Jennifer Friedman
      Shire of Rokeclif, Principality of Northshield, Middle Kingdom
      http://www.gflower.org/ jfriedmn@...
      1920 Victory St. #10, La Crosse, WI 54601 (608) 788-8781
      Shire of Rokeclif webpage: http://rokeclif.n3.net
      Northshield Choir webpage: http://www.gflower.org/nscmidis.htm
      Northshield Bardic College webpage: http://www.minstrel.com/ncb/
    • Anne of Carthew
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 29, 2004

        It’s amazing what can happen when I actually get a weekend at HOME rather than always traveling to events.

        I’ve got the web site updated with (most) of the program published. YEA!     http://www.ravenstreet.org/kwchoir.htm

        We just shifted our domain service to a new provider over the weekend, so if you’ve been having any trouble getting hold of me, it should probably be better now.  We knew it was really getting bad when Tirloch didn’t get any BOD traffic for two weeks.

        One word of warning: I had a really nice “registration” form done and tested a couple weeks ago.  Alas, I don’t have the frontpage extensions right yet with this new provider.  So don’t try doing that “Registration” thing yet.  If you want, you can always just email me the same info.

        AND if you find any typos of problems, please don’t hesitate to let me know.  This is a lot of music to get uploaded, and I’m sure I’ve got some mistakes in there someplace.  And it’s still not pretty yet, but THAT is a lower priority.

        Oh…how ungrateful of me:  Thanks go to all of you who gave me suggestions and make music “requests” for the program. J

        Enjoy – happy practicing.

        Anne.

      • erlannordenskald

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2004
            WIll you get to sing some, but of course.......that's
            the fun of it.
            The class will be a very brief history of the
            composer, some religious implications of being an
            Italian and Jewish in the Renaissance and then some
            nifty pieces of music will be read through. I have a
            few madrigals picked and a few psalms, sort of in
            Latin and also with Hebrew lines of text, it's kinda
            neat.
            Just let ol' Erlan fill out that hole, call me a
            hole filler!!...

            http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools