Re: [KWChoir] Re: Pennsic performance questions

    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
      For anyone who's picking a folder up at Pennsic, $3 will cover it since I won't have the expense of mailing.

      Anyone else want one?

      Arianna

      mountainfern <FernsAndNettles@...> wrote:
      Karen, Pleasse bring a Black Folder to Pennsic for me. What is the
      charge??

      Thanks, Norayn

      "... I will bring a few folders for people to buy at Pennsic, but if
      any of you who have downloaded music want to purchase folders from me,
      please let me know in advance so I can have enough available... "

      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
        Just pay me at Pennsic when you pick up the folders.  Thanks.

        Arianna

        leoasc@... wrote:

        Yes, please, Arianna! We would each like to have a folder waiting for us at Pennsic!

        So, two Black Folders = $6.00....... Should we mail you the money or pay you at Pennsic?

        Jane Atwell & Michel O Murchadha

        > For anyone who's picking a folder up at Pennsic, $3 will cover it since I won't have the expense of mailing.
        >
        > Anyone else want one?
        >
        > Arianna
        .
        ___

      • Sackett, Sue
        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
          Yes please may I have another?

          Guillane

          leoasc@cecomet. net wrote:

          Yes, please, Arianna! We would each like to have a folder waiting for us at Pennsic!

          So, two Black Folders = $6.00....... Should we mail you the money or pay you at Pennsic?

          Jane Atwell & Michel O Murchadha

          > For anyone who's picking a folder up at Pennsic, $3 will cover it since I won't have the expense of mailing.
          >
          > Anyone else want one?
          >
          > Arianna
          .
          ___

        • leoasc@cecomet.net
          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
            Yes, please, Arianna! We would each like to have a folder waiting for us at Pennsic!

            So, two Black Folders = $6.00....... Should we mail you the money or pay you at Pennsic?

            Jane Atwell & Michel O Murchadha

            > For anyone who's picking a folder up at Pennsic, $3 will cover it since I won't have the expense of mailing.
            >
            > Anyone else want one?
            >
            > Arianna
            >
            > mountainfern <FernsAndNettles@...> wrote:
            > Karen, Pleasse bring a Black Folder to Pennsic for me. What is the
            > charge??
            >
            > Thanks, Norayn
            >
            > "... I will bring a few folders for people to buy at Pennsic, but if
            > any of you who have downloaded music want to purchase folders from me,
            > please let me know in advance so I can have enough available..."
            >

            > Karen Kasper
            >
            > "Only the educated are free." Epictetus (55 AD - 135 AD), Discourses
            >
            > "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one." Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990), in Forbes Magazine
            >
            > ---------------------------------
            > Groups are talking. We´re listening. Check out the handy changes to Yahoo! Groups.

            "As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." -- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
          • Diane K. Hauer
            Message 5 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
              i need to step out of being in the Choir. I ended up with a Pennsic Job at the last minute. It will cause me to miss too many rehersals.
              I was going to be Alto and 2nd Alto.
              Sorry

              Svanhildr Karlsdottir.

            • Lisa Briner

                Message 7 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
                  I know this will sound nit-picky, but since I'm going out soon to buy my folder:

                  loose leaf, report style, or "just as long as it's black"?

                  Also, suggestion for future years:  The midis to practice to are GREAT!!!  I kinda wish there had been an mp3 option also so I could have downloaded it to my Palm Pilot (or an iPod if I had one).  Maybe next year?

                  Niamh "I don't ask for much" Lachlainn

                    Message 9 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
                      That's ok, I appreciate your letting me know.  Have a good Pennsic, and I hope you'll be able to attend the performance! :-)

                      Arianna

                      "Diane K. Hauer" <dkhauer@...> wrote:
                      i need to step out of being in the Choir. I ended up with a Pennsic Job at the last minute. It will cause me to miss too many rehersals.
                      I was going to be Alto and 2nd Alto.
                      Sorry

                      Svanhildr Karlsdottir.

                    • Geffrei Maudeleyne
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006

                        I have the bass parts in MP3 format. I might be able to convert others (I still need to make 7 T-tunics for Pennsic). I will see if I can put them in the files section of the group. I used Melody assistant and Virtual Singer so it is voice and music.

                        Geffrei

                        harpadillo <harpadillo@yahoo. com> wrote:

                        I know this will sound nit-picky, but since I'm going out soon to buy my folder:

                        loose leaf, report style, or "just as long as it's black"?

                        Also, suggestion for future years:  The midis to practice to are GREAT!!!  I kinda wish there had been an mp3 option also so I could have downloaded it to my Palm Pilot (or an iPod if I had one).  Maybe next year?

                        Niamh "I don't ask for much" Lachlainn

                        Karen, Please bring a Black Folder to Pennsic for me. What is the

                          Message 12 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
                            You are a sweetie!  If you can - GREAT!  If not, NEXT YEAR!

                            Niamh "Hope I'm not getting too obnoxious" Lachlainn

                            Message 13 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006

                              I posted the MP3s for the bass lines with a generated voice to my web site. The main site is under construction but I didn’t want to waste bandwidth for those not interested in this.

                              I will try to convert the MUS files for other voices in the next couple of days if I can but I make no promises. I have plenty of web space if someone wanted more files posted there.

                              Go here for the Bass parts. http://www.elchenburg.org/Pennsic%20MP3.htm

                              Geffrei

                              Message 14 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
                                Thank you so much!

                                Arianna

                                Message 15 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006

                                  Actually Arianna,

                                  I forgot I didn't tell you that too...

                                  Life and children have buggered the plans for joining.

                                  I was a tenor, and you have lots..

                                  sorry..

                                  Gyric

                                  Lord Gyric of Otershaghe
                                  Troubadour, Entertainer and generally all-around nice guy
                                  REMEMBER: Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines....

                                • Geffrei Maudeleyne
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006

                                    OK I got motivated. I did a down and dirty conversion for all of the midi files. I have not tested them or compared the notation against the PDFs. Forgive the crudeness of the pages. The rest of the home site is in flux at the moment.

                                    Go to http://www.elchenburg.org/Pennsic%20MP3.htm

                                    Then you can pick a voice part.

                                    Hope this helps. Bass parts have copies that I have worked with and a pure, though crude conversion.

                                    All voices are from Virtual Singer Gold 2 add-on to Melody Assistant. I did not go through and pick the best virtual voice but accepted the defaults.

                                    Geffrei

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
                                      Cool, but how do you download them?

                                      HEL

                                      "I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Professor Bernardo de la Paz in 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress' by Robert A. Heinlein.
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
                                        Thank you so much!  You are so industrious, Geffrei!  I hope you get your 7 tunics sewn before Pennsic, too... :-)

                                        I would like to caution people about two things when listening to Lord Geffrei's files:

                                        1) Do not rely on them for pronunciation.  We'll go over pronunciation at every rehearsal at Pennsic.
                                        2) The women's parts seem to have come through an octave down from where they should be, so ladies, don't panic!

                                        Otherwise, they're great.  Thanks again!

                                        Arianna

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jul 28, 2006

                                          Gentles needing to download from my site can right click on the file name they want and choose save target as to place the file on your hard drive. Geffrei

                                            <><> Notes below from Geffrei. New files have been uploaded to the site. I converted files that had female singers and think that I have things in their pitch range and timbre. One of the group songs even had singers with different languages assigned. I learned my software better. These are computer voices but they might be acceptable.<><>

                                            From Karen Kasper
                                            Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 11:41 PM
                                            To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com

                                            I would like to caution people about two things when listening to Lord Geffrei's files:

                                            1) Do not rely on them for pronunciation.  We'll go over pronunciation at every rehearsal at Pennsic.

                                            <><>I looked at some of the files again and tried to get the singer to get the correct language but I doubt they are really good. <><>

                                            2) The women's parts seem to have come through an octave down from where they should be, so ladies, don't panic!

                                            <><>I could not live with that my dear damsels. I went back through the files and mandated a female singer that should be in your pitch range. I profusely apologize.<><>

                                            Otherwise, they're great.  Thanks again!