Re: horny war

  • Maria Daggett
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 2006
      I don't bring my french horn to pennsic, I've just got way too
      much to bring by way of musical instruments. BUT, you might
      want to come to the Loud Band practice in the mornings and try
      the cornetto. That's how I keep my chops up during war, I play
      the cornetto. There are usually 2-3 running around loud band
      practice and if you're a horn player, it's a similar enough
      mouthpiece not to ruin chops.

      erlan
    • gertrudethemutilator
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 26, 2006
        You must not be playing on an acorn mouthpiece then! Ironically, I
        owned a very nice McCann cornett until a couple of months ago when I
        needed to pay rent on a particularly thin month. Also, I found my
        hands were not conducive to playing the instrument. I can't play the
        guitar either, my hands just don't bend that way. Maybe I can try the
        sagbuts or however you spell that tho.
        -beth