Re: [KWChoir] erlan out of town

  • maria daggett
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 26, 2004
      Svea
      I"M not around for a few days yet, but Siobhan KNOWS
      it very well, i'm sure she canhelp. I have to chec
      and see if I have a recording, dont think so, I will
      make a noteworthy version of it when I get back to
      cold NY.
      Also, Lady Isabeau does it a tad bit
      differetly...she uses a later Latin, not a big
      adjustment, and she has her own inturpretation of the
      neumes, also, not a big deal, easily adjusted. She
      will do the same section that we did for the concert
      and EK court last year.

      i'll be back in a few days.

      erlan

      --- Shivaun McGoff <ladysiobhan@...> wrote:
      > ladysvea@... wrote:
      > > Now that you mention it, I could use a little
      > help. Do you know of a
      > > recording of the Te Deum that we could use as a
      > rehearsal tape for
      > > new singers for the EK Coronation? Thanks. Svea
      >
      > Svea,
      >
      > When's your next practice? I know it pretty well.
      > I don't think the
      > last concert got taped.
      >
      > Siobhan

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
    • daggett42
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 29, 2004
        Hey there
        I"m back from Florida, it was a great trip. My parents are always
        glad to see me.
        OK, regarding the Te Deum
        1) I DO have a recording of the Westminster Abbey Choir, it's a
        decent recording. I will attempt to put this in the files section.
        2) I have larynghittis. or however you spell it, VERY bad. I
        started to get sick during the week, sneezing and coughing and after
        I got off the plane on Saturday.........forget it, I have NO voice.

        So I won't be much help to ANYONE singing or even talking for a few
        days, which of course means that for Bardic, I will not be competing
        this year. So, you all are safe.........no need to worry <grin>

        THe Tropes will be rehearsing on Monday night in Oakland NJ on March
        8th and 22nd and Perhaps on the 29th as well. I will check with
        Isabeau on the schedule for Coronation, I believe that she will
        gather people together before the first Court to rehearse the piece.
        Performance time is only about 4 minutes if you only do it
        once.....tee hee

        Erlan
      • daggett42
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
          for anyone joinging the Tropes in singing the Te Deum at the
          Coronation of Kelson and Geneviere in April, here is a recording that
          you might be able to use to practice. Lady Isabeau takes a few
          liberties with text and rhythm, but it's pretty much there.

          erlan
        • ladysiobhan@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
            Erlan, did you attach a midi file? I didn't get it.

            -S.

            --
            Iron Bog - The Shire, The State of Mind
            > for anyone joining the Tropes in singing the Te Deum at the
            > Coronation of Kelson and Geneviere in April, here is a recording that
            > you might be able to use to practice. Lady Isabeau takes a few
            > liberties with text and rhythm, but it's pretty much there.
            >
            > erlan
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • daggett42
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
              Yaaaa
              It's in the Files section
              Go to the left of the page and it will be on the list...4-5 lines
              down.