Re: [KWChoir] Re: Need someone to record Pennsic concert

  • harpadillo
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 8, 2006
      I have a couple of mics (and 3 stands), if you want to get more input points.  Just say the word and I'll pack them.

      Niamh

      daggett42 <daggett42@...> wrote:
      One of my pet projects to finish this year is to take the best of the
      KWC. I have 5 years of recordings.. .. and all but 1 is mixed and
      mastered. I did all the recordings on a mini-disc with one stereo
      microphone. It's not the most perfect, but it does a nice clean
      overhead recording. Then I get home, dump it into ProTools and fix it
      up a bit.
      I will do the same for this year's concert if you'd like. I can
      then turn over the mini-disc to you Arianna, or take it home, and fix
      it up a bit.

      My plan was to put out a KWC CD after this year for members.

      If you want me to do the mini-disc recording.. I will be happy too.
      I'll be there any way.

      I can also just take it home and make a direct copy of the cd for
      anyone who wants one.

      erlan

    • erlannordenskald
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 9, 2006
        Niamh
        Thank you, that is very kind of you to offer. I'm going to go with
        the KISS method! I'd feel better if you left home the mikes and
        stands. Pennsic generates enough stuff in a vehicle, no need to bring
        along mundane gear as well.

        Erlan
      • gertrudethemutilator
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 18, 2006
          Time for my weekly checkin.
          Well, I am of course bringing the horn to Pennsic, gotta keep the
          chops up as there are auditions after, and I always love playing
          duets, and will have all my ensemble music with me - horn duets,
          quartets, octets, brass quartets and quintets, as well as woodwind
          quintets, so if you or anyone else out there is interested in some jam
          sessions, bring a stand and a horn! (pardon the run on sentence.)
          see you there!
          -beth