Re: [KWChoir] Pennsic performance questions

    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 4, 2006
      Niamh inghean Lachlainn <harpadillo@...> wrote

      >1) I'm assuming we will be performing with the music. Should we
      bring a passable looking folder with our music in it, or will there
      be something there?

      Yes, please, bring a folder.  This is something I have not addressed, but you're right.  I am putting the music I mail into black 1/2" binders.  I would appreciate black folders, though I don't care what size.  I will bring a few folders for people to buy at Pennsic, but if any of you who have downloaded music want to purchase folders from me, please let me know in advance so I can have enough available.

      >2) Is there a preference on garb style worn? Not everyone will be
      able to have Spanish garb available, but any ideas on what might
      work well?

      When this question was asked a few weeks back, I said my preference is for clean, mostly period clothes in reasonable condition (i.e. preferably not your ragged tunic worn to shovel the sump)[smile].  I don't have a preference regarding style, time period, color, etc.

      >3) On Mariam Matrem: there are 3 parts. Where should the altos go?

      My apologies, I should have specified in the PDFs.  If you check out the "MIDIs by Part" folder on the Yahoo Group, you will find that the Altos and Tenors both sing the "Tenor" part on Mariam Matrem,

      >4) On Otro Tal Misacantano: 3 parts again. I guess the question
      falls on the Tenors here. I'm going to practice the sopranto and
      alto in case...

      Again, in the "MIDIs by Part" folder, you'll see that the Altos sing the Alto part on Otro Tal Misacantano while the Tenors join the Basses on the "Baritone" line.

      Thanks for your questions, Niamh.  I hope I have answered all of them.  Please let me know, folks, if anyone has any other questions.

      Arianna of Wynthrope
      Director, Pennsic 35 Choir

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • mountainfern
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
        Karen, Pleasse bring a Black Folder to Pennsic for me. What is the
        charge??

        Thanks, Norayn

          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
            Just pay me at Pennsic when you pick up the folders.  Thanks.

            Arianna

            leoasc@... wrote:

            Yes, please, Arianna! We would each like to have a folder waiting for us at Pennsic!

            So, two Black Folders = $6.00....... Should we mail you the money or pay you at Pennsic?

            Jane Atwell & Michel O Murchadha

            > For anyone who's picking a folder up at Pennsic, $3 will cover it since I won't have the expense of mailing.
            >
            > Anyone else want one?
            >
            > Arianna
            .
            ___

          • Sackett, Sue
            Message 5 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
              Yes please may I have another?

              Guillane

              leoasc@cecomet. net wrote:

              Yes, please, Arianna! We would each like to have a folder waiting for us at Pennsic!

              So, two Black Folders = $6.00....... Should we mail you the money or pay you at Pennsic?

              Jane Atwell & Michel O Murchadha

              > For anyone who's picking a folder up at Pennsic, $3 will cover it since I won't have the expense of mailing.
              >
              > Anyone else want one?
              >
              > Arianna
              .
              ___

            • leoasc@cecomet.net
              Message 6 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
                Yes, please, Arianna! We would each like to have a folder waiting for us at Pennsic!

                So, two Black Folders = $6.00....... Should we mail you the money or pay you at Pennsic?

                Jane Atwell & Michel O Murchadha

                > For anyone who's picking a folder up at Pennsic, $3 will cover it since I won't have the expense of mailing.
                >
                > Anyone else want one?
                >
                > Arianna
                >
                > mountainfern <FernsAndNettles@...> wrote:
                > Karen, Pleasse bring a Black Folder to Pennsic for me. What is the
                > charge??
                >
                > Thanks, Norayn
                >
                > "... I will bring a few folders for people to buy at Pennsic, but if
                > any of you who have downloaded music want to purchase folders from me,
                > please let me know in advance so I can have enough available..."
                >

                > Karen Kasper
                >
                > "Only the educated are free." Epictetus (55 AD - 135 AD), Discourses
                >
                > "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one." Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990), in Forbes Magazine
                >
                > ---------------------------------
                > Groups are talking. We´re listening. Check out the handy changes to Yahoo! Groups.

                "As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." -- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
              • Diane K. Hauer
                Message 7 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
                  i need to step out of being in the Choir. I ended up with a Pennsic Job at the last minute. It will cause me to miss too many rehersals.
                  I was going to be Alto and 2nd Alto.
                  Sorry

                  Svanhildr Karlsdottir.

                • Lisa Briner

                    Message 9 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
                      I know this will sound nit-picky, but since I'm going out soon to buy my folder:

                      loose leaf, report style, or "just as long as it's black"?

                      Also, suggestion for future years:  The midis to practice to are GREAT!!!  I kinda wish there had been an mp3 option also so I could have downloaded it to my Palm Pilot (or an iPod if I had one).  Maybe next year?

                      Niamh "I don't ask for much" Lachlainn

                        Message 11 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
                          That's ok, I appreciate your letting me know.  Have a good Pennsic, and I hope you'll be able to attend the performance! :-)

                          Arianna

                          "Diane K. Hauer" <dkhauer@...> wrote:
                          i need to step out of being in the Choir. I ended up with a Pennsic Job at the last minute. It will cause me to miss too many rehersals.
                          I was going to be Alto and 2nd Alto.
                          Sorry

                          Svanhildr Karlsdottir.

                        • Geffrei Maudeleyne
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006

                            I have the bass parts in MP3 format. I might be able to convert others (I still need to make 7 T-tunics for Pennsic). I will see if I can put them in the files section of the group. I used Melody assistant and Virtual Singer so it is voice and music.

                            Geffrei

                            harpadillo <harpadillo@yahoo. com> wrote:

                            I know this will sound nit-picky, but since I'm going out soon to buy my folder:

                            loose leaf, report style, or "just as long as it's black"?

                            Also, suggestion for future years:  The midis to practice to are GREAT!!!  I kinda wish there had been an mp3 option also so I could have downloaded it to my Palm Pilot (or an iPod if I had one).  Maybe next year?

                            Niamh "I don't ask for much" Lachlainn

                            mountainfern <FernsAndNettles@ Cox.net> wrote:

                            Karen, Please bring a Black Folder to Pennsic for me. What is the
                            charge??

                            Thanks, Norayn

                              Message 14 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
                                You are a sweetie!  If you can - GREAT!  If not, NEXT YEAR!

                                Niamh "Hope I'm not getting too obnoxious" Lachlainn

                                Message 15 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006

                                  I posted the MP3s for the bass lines with a generated voice to my web site. The main site is under construction but I didn’t want to waste bandwidth for those not interested in this.

                                  I will try to convert the MUS files for other voices in the next couple of days if I can but I make no promises. I have plenty of web space if someone wanted more files posted there.

                                  Go here for the Bass parts. http://www.elchenburg.org/Pennsic%20MP3.htm

                                  Geffrei

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
                                    Thank you so much!

                                    Arianna

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006

                                      Actually Arianna,

                                      I forgot I didn't tell you that too...

                                      Life and children have buggered the plans for joining.

                                      I was a tenor, and you have lots..

                                      sorry..

                                      Gyric

                                      Lord Gyric of Otershaghe
                                      Troubadour, Entertainer and generally all-around nice guy
                                      REMEMBER: Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines....

                                    • Geffrei Maudeleyne
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006

                                        OK I got motivated. I did a down and dirty conversion for all of the midi files. I have not tested them or compared the notation against the PDFs. Forgive the crudeness of the pages. The rest of the home site is in flux at the moment.

                                        Go to http://www.elchenburg.org/Pennsic%20MP3.htm

                                        Then you can pick a voice part.

                                        Hope this helps. Bass parts have copies that I have worked with and a pure, though crude conversion.

                                        All voices are from Virtual Singer Gold 2 add-on to Melody Assistant. I did not go through and pick the best virtual voice but accepted the defaults.

                                        Geffrei

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
                                          Cool, but how do you download them?

                                          HEL

                                          "I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Professor Bernardo de la Paz in 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress' by Robert A. Heinlein.
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
                                            Thank you so much!  You are so industrious, Geffrei!  I hope you get your 7 tunics sewn before Pennsic, too... :-)

                                            I would like to caution people about two things when listening to Lord Geffrei's files:

                                            1) Do not rely on them for pronunciation.  We'll go over pronunciation at every rehearsal at Pennsic.
                                            2) The women's parts seem to have come through an octave down from where they should be, so ladies, don't panic!

                                            Otherwise, they're great.  Thanks again!

                                            Arianna

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Jul 28, 2006

                                              Gentles needing to download from my site can right click on the file name they want and choose save target as to place the file on your hard drive. Geffrei

                                                <><> Notes below from Geffrei. New files have been uploaded to the site. I converted files that had female singers and think that I have things in their pitch range and timbre. One of the group songs even had singers with different languages assigned. I learned my software better. These are computer voices but they might be acceptable.<><>

                                                From Karen Kasper
                                                Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 11:41 PM
                                                To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com

                                                I would like to caution people about two things when listening to Lord Geffrei's files:

                                                1) Do not rely on them for pronunciation.  We'll go over pronunciation at every rehearsal at Pennsic.

                                                <><>I looked at some of the files again and tried to get the singer to get the correct language but I doubt they are really good. <><>

                                                2) The women's parts seem to have come through an octave down from where they should be, so ladies, don't panic!

                                                <><>I could not live with that my dear damsels. I went back through the files and mandated a female singer that should be in your pitch range. I profusely apologize.<><>

                                                Otherwise, they're great.  Thanks again!