Re: [KWChoir] erlan out of town

  • Shivaun McGoff
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 19, 2004
      ladysvea@... wrote:
      > Now that you mention it, I could use a little help. Do you know of a
      > recording of the Te Deum that we could use as a rehearsal tape for
      > new singers for the EK Coronation? Thanks. Svea

      Svea,

      When's your next practice? I know it pretty well. I don't think the
      last concert got taped.

      Siobhan
    • maria daggett
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 26, 2004
        Svea
        I"M not around for a few days yet, but Siobhan KNOWS
        it very well, i'm sure she canhelp. I have to chec
        and see if I have a recording, dont think so, I will
        make a noteworthy version of it when I get back to
        cold NY.
        Also, Lady Isabeau does it a tad bit
        differetly...she uses a later Latin, not a big
        adjustment, and she has her own inturpretation of the
        neumes, also, not a big deal, easily adjusted. She
        will do the same section that we did for the concert
        and EK court last year.

        i'll be back in a few days.

        erlan

        --- Shivaun McGoff <ladysiobhan@...> wrote:
        > ladysvea@... wrote:
        > > Now that you mention it, I could use a little
        > help. Do you know of a
        > > recording of the Te Deum that we could use as a
        > rehearsal tape for
        > > new singers for the EK Coronation? Thanks. Svea
        >
        > Svea,
        >
        > When's your next practice? I know it pretty well.
        > I don't think the
        > last concert got taped.
        >
        > Siobhan

        http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
      • daggett42
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 29, 2004
          Hey there
          I"m back from Florida, it was a great trip. My parents are always
          glad to see me.
          OK, regarding the Te Deum
          1) I DO have a recording of the Westminster Abbey Choir, it's a
          decent recording. I will attempt to put this in the files section.
          2) I have larynghittis. or however you spell it, VERY bad. I
          started to get sick during the week, sneezing and coughing and after
          I got off the plane on Saturday.........forget it, I have NO voice.

          So I won't be much help to ANYONE singing or even talking for a few
          days, which of course means that for Bardic, I will not be competing
          this year. So, you all are safe.........no need to worry <grin>

          THe Tropes will be rehearsing on Monday night in Oakland NJ on March
          8th and 22nd and Perhaps on the 29th as well. I will check with
          Isabeau on the schedule for Coronation, I believe that she will
          gather people together before the first Court to rehearse the piece.
          Performance time is only about 4 minutes if you only do it
          once.....tee hee

          Erlan
        • daggett42
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
            for anyone joinging the Tropes in singing the Te Deum at the
            Coronation of Kelson and Geneviere in April, here is a recording that
            you might be able to use to practice. Lady Isabeau takes a few
            liberties with text and rhythm, but it's pretty much there.

            erlan
          • ladysiobhan@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
              Erlan, did you attach a midi file? I didn't get it.

              -S.

              --
              Iron Bog - The Shire, The State of Mind
              > for anyone joining the Tropes in singing the Te Deum at the
              > Coronation of Kelson and Geneviere in April, here is a recording that
              > you might be able to use to practice. Lady Isabeau takes a few
              > liberties with text and rhythm, but it's pretty much there.
              >
              > erlan
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • daggett42
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
                Yaaaa
                It's in the Files section
                Go to the left of the page and it will be on the list...4-5 lines
                down.