Re: [KWChoir] Re: Need someone to record Pennsic concert

  • Susan B. Farmer
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 4, 2006
      Quoting daggett42 <daggett42@...>:

      *snippage*

      > I can also just take it home and make a direct copy of the cd for
      > anyone who wants one.

      Well, I've never had the priveledge of singing with the group, but I'd
      love copies of any CDs that you make -- if it's possible.

      jerusha
      -----
      Susan Farmer
      sfarmer@...
      University of Tennessee
    • gertrudethemutilator
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 6, 2006
        I just checked in for the first time in a week, so sorry for being
        late to this thread.
        I'm a professional horn player, and when I record I use an SM58- to an
        edirol UA25 audio bus- to my laptop (which has powertracks and
        Cakewalk.) That'll make sense to the audiophile. If you have either
        of those programs we could burn the raw audio to disk and you can edit
        in your studio.
        I will be travelling with all that equipment anyway, but I only have
        the one mic and I didn't bring the stand. It does require a power
        outlet as it drains a lot of power and probably won't make the whole
        concert otherwise.
        I am still working under the assumption that I will be there, of which
        I have every intention, but am half expecting something to come up as
        it seems to every year.
        Feel free to email offlist if desired.
        -Beth
      • daggett42
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 7, 2006
          I read the post and the only thing that really registered was "HORN
          PLAYER"
          So am I
          Mistress Arianna and I chatted and I'm going to record the concert the
          same way as I did the last few. High End Stereo mike into a 16 bit
          mini-disc (battery operated)
          Bringing high end audio equipment would be a chance. You can
          never tell the weather at war and even though there is a storage
          trailer there, I would be hesitant to store my Hard Disk and expensive
          mikes in there.
          I know it's not as high end as I could get at home, but the last
          few recordings have been, OK, pretty good quality for what it is.
          I am careful with the Mike placement and I use the support post to
          create it's own sound baffle from the audience.
          It will also mean that all the recordings from the last few years will
          be about the same quality.
          I come home and then transfer the recording to digital medium and mix
          it on pro tools in my brother's studio and master it and then burn it
          to CD. Takes me a while to do it since I'm lazy and never have time
          for ANYTHING, but I eventually get it done.

          So, there it is. Besides, I then have an archival recording of the KWC
          for the purpose of..... history.

          Erlan

          checked in for the first time in a week, so sorry for being
          > late to this thread.
          > I'm a professional horn player, and when I record I use an SM58- to an
          > edirol UA25 audio bus- to my laptop (which has powertracks and
          > Cakewalk.) That'll make sense to the audiophile. If you have either
          > of those programs we could burn the raw audio to disk and you can edit
          > in your studio.
          > I will be travelling with all that equipment anyway, but I only have
          > the one mic and I didn't bring the stand. It does require a power
          > outlet as it drains a lot of power and probably won't make the whole
          > concert otherwise.
          > I am still working under the assumption that I will be there, of which
          > I have every intention, but am half expecting something to come up as
          > it seems to every year.
          > Feel free to email offlist if desired.
          > -Beth

        • harpadillo
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 8, 2006
            I have a couple of mics (and 3 stands), if you want to get more input points.  Just say the word and I'll pack them.

            Niamh

            daggett42 <daggett42@...> wrote:
            One of my pet projects to finish this year is to take the best of the
            KWC. I have 5 years of recordings.. .. and all but 1 is mixed and
            mastered. I did all the recordings on a mini-disc with one stereo
            microphone. It's not the most perfect, but it does a nice clean
            overhead recording. Then I get home, dump it into ProTools and fix it
            up a bit.
            I will do the same for this year's concert if you'd like. I can
            then turn over the mini-disc to you Arianna, or take it home, and fix
            it up a bit.

            My plan was to put out a KWC CD after this year for members.

            If you want me to do the mini-disc recording.. I will be happy too.
            I'll be there any way.

            I can also just take it home and make a direct copy of the cd for
            anyone who wants one.

            erlan

          • erlannordenskald
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 9, 2006
              Niamh
              Thank you, that is very kind of you to offer. I'm going to go with
              the KISS method! I'd feel better if you left home the mikes and
              stands. Pennsic generates enough stuff in a vehicle, no need to bring
              along mundane gear as well.

              Erlan
            • gertrudethemutilator
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 18, 2006
                Time for my weekly checkin.
                Well, I am of course bringing the horn to Pennsic, gotta keep the
                chops up as there are auditions after, and I always love playing
                duets, and will have all my ensemble music with me - horn duets,
                quartets, octets, brass quartets and quintets, as well as woodwind
                quintets, so if you or anyone else out there is interested in some jam
                sessions, bring a stand and a horn! (pardon the run on sentence.)
                see you there!
                -beth