Re: Need someone to record Pennsic concert

  • daggett42
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 4 6:33 PM
      One of my pet projects to finish this year is to take the best of the
      KWC. I have 5 years of recordings.... and all but 1 is mixed and
      mastered. I did all the recordings on a mini-disc with one stereo
      microphone. It's not the most perfect, but it does a nice clean
      overhead recording. Then I get home, dump it into ProTools and fix it
      up a bit.
      I will do the same for this year's concert if you'd like. I can
      then turn over the mini-disc to you Arianna, or take it home, and fix
      it up a bit.

      My plan was to put out a KWC CD after this year for members.

      If you want me to do the mini-disc recording.. I will be happy too.
      I'll be there any way.

      I can also just take it home and make a direct copy of the cd for
      anyone who wants one.

      erlan
    • Susan B. Farmer
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 4 7:07 PM
        Quoting daggett42 <daggett42@...>:

        *snippage*

        > I can also just take it home and make a direct copy of the cd for
        > anyone who wants one.

        Well, I've never had the priveledge of singing with the group, but I'd
        love copies of any CDs that you make -- if it's possible.

        jerusha
        -----
        Susan Farmer
        sfarmer@...
        University of Tennessee
      • gertrudethemutilator
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 6 9:20 PM
          I just checked in for the first time in a week, so sorry for being
          late to this thread.
          I'm a professional horn player, and when I record I use an SM58- to an
          edirol UA25 audio bus- to my laptop (which has powertracks and
          Cakewalk.) That'll make sense to the audiophile. If you have either
          of those programs we could burn the raw audio to disk and you can edit
          in your studio.
          I will be travelling with all that equipment anyway, but I only have
          the one mic and I didn't bring the stand. It does require a power
          outlet as it drains a lot of power and probably won't make the whole
          concert otherwise.
          I am still working under the assumption that I will be there, of which
          I have every intention, but am half expecting something to come up as
          it seems to every year.
          Feel free to email offlist if desired.
          -Beth
        • daggett42
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 7 6:37 AM
            I read the post and the only thing that really registered was "HORN
            PLAYER"
            So am I
            Mistress Arianna and I chatted and I'm going to record the concert the
            same way as I did the last few. High End Stereo mike into a 16 bit
            mini-disc (battery operated)
            Bringing high end audio equipment would be a chance. You can
            never tell the weather at war and even though there is a storage
            trailer there, I would be hesitant to store my Hard Disk and expensive
            mikes in there.
            I know it's not as high end as I could get at home, but the last
            few recordings have been, OK, pretty good quality for what it is.
            I am careful with the Mike placement and I use the support post to
            create it's own sound baffle from the audience.
            It will also mean that all the recordings from the last few years will
            be about the same quality.
            I come home and then transfer the recording to digital medium and mix
            it on pro tools in my brother's studio and master it and then burn it
            to CD. Takes me a while to do it since I'm lazy and never have time
            for ANYTHING, but I eventually get it done.

            So, there it is. Besides, I then have an archival recording of the KWC
            for the purpose of..... history.

            Erlan

            checked in for the first time in a week, so sorry for being
            > late to this thread.
            > I'm a professional horn player, and when I record I use an SM58- to an
            > edirol UA25 audio bus- to my laptop (which has powertracks and
            > Cakewalk.) That'll make sense to the audiophile. If you have either
            > of those programs we could burn the raw audio to disk and you can edit
            > in your studio.
            > I will be travelling with all that equipment anyway, but I only have
            > the one mic and I didn't bring the stand. It does require a power
            > outlet as it drains a lot of power and probably won't make the whole
            > concert otherwise.
            > I am still working under the assumption that I will be there, of which
            > I have every intention, but am half expecting something to come up as
            > it seems to every year.
            > Feel free to email offlist if desired.
            > -Beth

          • harpadillo

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 9 9:37 PM
                Niamh
                Thank you, that is very kind of you to offer. I'm going to go with
                the KISS method! I'd feel better if you left home the mikes and
                stands. Pennsic generates enough stuff in a vehicle, no need to bring
                along mundane gear as well.

                Erlan
              • gertrudethemutilator
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 18 11:49 AM
                  Time for my weekly checkin.
                  Well, I am of course bringing the horn to Pennsic, gotta keep the
                  chops up as there are auditions after, and I always love playing
                  duets, and will have all my ensemble music with me - horn duets,
                  quartets, octets, brass quartets and quintets, as well as woodwind
                  quintets, so if you or anyone else out there is interested in some jam
                  sessions, bring a stand and a horn! (pardon the run on sentence.)
                  see you there!
                  -beth