RE: [KWChoir] erlan out of town

  • ladysvea@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 18, 2004
      Now that you mention it, I could use a little help. Do you know of a recording of the Te Deum that we could use as a rehearsal tape for new singers for the EK Coronation?
      Thanks.
      Svea
      "erlannordenskald" <erlannordenskald@...> wrote:

      >Hello all
      >  List has been quite, but I know that soon it will be bubbling with
      >information on rehearsals, music and the like.
      >  I will be out of town from Feb 19 - 28th, just in case anyone
      >needed me for anything.  I'll try to check in from time to time.
      >Happy Winter.
      >
      >Erlan

      Netscape. Just the Net You Need.
    • Shivaun McGoff
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 19, 2004
        ladysvea@... wrote:
        > Now that you mention it, I could use a little help. Do you know of a
        > recording of the Te Deum that we could use as a rehearsal tape for
        > new singers for the EK Coronation? Thanks. Svea

        Svea,

        When's your next practice? I know it pretty well. I don't think the
        last concert got taped.

        Siobhan
      • maria daggett
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 26, 2004
          Svea
          I"M not around for a few days yet, but Siobhan KNOWS
          it very well, i'm sure she canhelp. I have to chec
          and see if I have a recording, dont think so, I will
          make a noteworthy version of it when I get back to
          cold NY.
          Also, Lady Isabeau does it a tad bit
          differetly...she uses a later Latin, not a big
          adjustment, and she has her own inturpretation of the
          neumes, also, not a big deal, easily adjusted. She
          will do the same section that we did for the concert
          and EK court last year.

          i'll be back in a few days.

          erlan

          --- Shivaun McGoff <ladysiobhan@...> wrote:
          > ladysvea@... wrote:
          > > Now that you mention it, I could use a little
          > help. Do you know of a
          > > recording of the Te Deum that we could use as a
          > rehearsal tape for
          > > new singers for the EK Coronation? Thanks. Svea
          >
          > Svea,
          >
          > When's your next practice? I know it pretty well.
          > I don't think the
          > last concert got taped.
          >
          > Siobhan

          http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
        • daggett42
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 29, 2004
            Hey there
            I"m back from Florida, it was a great trip. My parents are always
            glad to see me.
            OK, regarding the Te Deum
            1) I DO have a recording of the Westminster Abbey Choir, it's a
            decent recording. I will attempt to put this in the files section.
            2) I have larynghittis. or however you spell it, VERY bad. I
            started to get sick during the week, sneezing and coughing and after
            I got off the plane on Saturday.........forget it, I have NO voice.

            So I won't be much help to ANYONE singing or even talking for a few
            days, which of course means that for Bardic, I will not be competing
            this year. So, you all are safe.........no need to worry <grin>

            THe Tropes will be rehearsing on Monday night in Oakland NJ on March
            8th and 22nd and Perhaps on the 29th as well. I will check with
            Isabeau on the schedule for Coronation, I believe that she will
            gather people together before the first Court to rehearse the piece.
            Performance time is only about 4 minutes if you only do it
            once.....tee hee

            Erlan
          • daggett42
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
              for anyone joinging the Tropes in singing the Te Deum at the
              Coronation of Kelson and Geneviere in April, here is a recording that
              you might be able to use to practice. Lady Isabeau takes a few
              liberties with text and rhythm, but it's pretty much there.

              erlan
            • ladysiobhan@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
                Erlan, did you attach a midi file? I didn't get it.

                -S.

                --
                Iron Bog - The Shire, The State of Mind
                > for anyone joining the Tropes in singing the Te Deum at the
                > Coronation of Kelson and Geneviere in April, here is a recording that
                > you might be able to use to practice. Lady Isabeau takes a few
                > liberties with text and rhythm, but it's pretty much there.
                >
                > erlan
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • daggett42
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
                  Yaaaa
                  It's in the Files section
                  Go to the left of the page and it will be on the list...4-5 lines
                  down.