Re: Southern Region?

  • draculachanter
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 30, 2006
      Sorry...didn't realize there are non-East Kingdom people on the list!

      http://www.eastkingdom.org/event-detail.html?eid=1197

      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Catherine Sayre"

      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 30, 2006
        The Known World Choir list has about 170 people from pretty much every Kingdom in  the SCA.  I don't know if anyone from Lochac is on the list currently, but there *have* been Aussies here in the past.  :-)

        Arianna

        draculachanter <draculachanter@...> wrote:
        Sorry...didn' t realize there are non-East Kingdom people on the list!

        http://www.eastking dom.org/event- detail.html? eid=1197

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Michelle Hartz-Coutts
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 30, 2006
          Oh, sure, the East thinks it's the whole world... that's why we Midrealmers have to clean their clocks once every summer!

          Ursula

        • tpellitieri@centuryequip.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 30, 2006
            > Oh, sure, the East thinks it's the whole world...

            Confessions time! (and Mistress Arianna will probably recall this as
            well...)

            At Pennsic XVIII I was helping to sell copies of the AEstel, which at that
            time was billed as the "Western Region Newsletter". I remember that at
            least one gentle asked me "Western Region of What?"

            So sorry I won't be able to join everyone at Pennsic this year...

            --Richard Tyler of Swiftwater
          • Lauren Coyle
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 30, 2006
              Hey, thems fightin' words!!

              Lorenza

              --- Michelle Hartz-Coutts <mhartzcoutts@...>
              wrote:

              > Oh, sure, the East thinks it's the whole world...
              > that's why we Midrealmers have to clean their clocks
              > once every summer!
              >

              > Ursula
              >
              > draculachanter <draculachanter@...> wrote:
              > Sorry...didn't realize there are non-East
              > Kingdom people on the list!

              http://www.eastkingdom.org/event-detail.html?eid=1197

              > --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Catherine Sayre"
              > <sayrecatherine@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > The southern region of what?
              > >

              > > Catherine
              > >

              > > >From: "draculachanter" <draculachanter@...>
              > > >To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
              > > >Subject: [KWChoir] Southern Region?
              > > >Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 22:18:50 -0000
              > > >
              > > >Anything vocal going on at Southern Region (or
              > whatever the heck
              > they
              > > >call it now)?
              > > >
              > > >Heloise

              "May your days be bright and your contact with stupidity limited." Foamy the Squirrel

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • draculachanter
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 30, 2006
                Whatever happened to the East Kingdom Chorale list? It disappeared
                from my list. Erlan?

                Heloise
              • Justin Semmel
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 1, 2006
                  I'm mildly amused by this, down here in Lochac...

                  Cheers,
                  Juz
                • Geffrei Maudeleyne
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 2, 2006

                    Rule Atlantia, Atlantia rules the waves…

                    <sayrecatherine@ ...> wrote:

                    > The southern region of what?
                    >

                    > Catherine
                    >

                    > >From: "draculachanter" <draculachanter@ ...>
                    > >To: KWChoir@yahoogroups .com
                    > >Subject: [KWChoir] Southern Region?
                    > >Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 22:18:50 -0000
                    > >
                    > >Anything vocal going on at Southern Region (or whatever the heck
                    they
                    > >call it now)?
                    > >
                    > >Heloise

                  • daggett42
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 2, 2006
                      Ouch
                      Erlan hurts

                      > Oh, sure, the East thinks it's the whole world... that's why we
                      Midrealmers have to clean their clocks once every summer!

                      Acutally, I think the majority of peole on the list are NOT inthe East
                      Kingdom

                      As far as I know, there isn't any East Kingdom Chorale music
                      rehearsals or performances going on at Southern Region War Camp.
                      Partly, I guess because I am not going this year. Usually I'll put
                      something fun together, but I have a mundane committment for that
                      weekend, so I'm not able to attend.
                      Sould anyone from the East be attending and want to organize a singing
                      session.. please go right ahead.
                      Oh, for those who don't know... The East Kingdom Chorale is a group I
                      started which was sort of the East Kingdom contingent of the KWC.

                      Erlan
                      (humble leader)
                    • daggett42
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 2, 2006
                        AHH, the list itself...
                        Well, funny you asked.... all the members of the East Kingdom Chorale
                        list were also members of the KWC list, so I sent out an e mail a
                        while ago announcing that I would make all posts to the KWC list and
                        get rid of the EKC list. Seemed like overkill.
                        I am owner/moderator of a few lists and now that I am the East Kingdom
                        University Chancellores, I've got all that CRAP to deal with.

                        :)

                        erlan

                        > Whatever happened to the East Kingdom Chorale list? It disappeared
                        > from my list. Erlan?
                        >
                        > Heloise

                      • Sapphira the Navigator
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 3, 2006
                          Considering that I'm in Drachenwald now I guess it's good that the
                          moderator had the foresight to merge the lists. It doesn't look like
                          I'll be making any EK events in the near future. If there are KWC
                          members over here I hope to meet you at the Niebelungen Pity Party
                          event in August.

                          Blue/Sapphira

                          ps- O Erlan, I think you like dealing with CRAP, otherwise you
                          wouldn't have let yourself get volunteered into the position :)

                          --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "daggett42" <daggett42@...> wrote:

                          > AHH, the list itself...
                          > Well, funny you asked.... all the members of the East Kingdom
                          Chorale
                          > list were also members of the KWC list, so I sent out an e mail a
                          > while ago announcing that I would make all posts to the KWC list
                          and
                          > get rid of the EKC list. Seemed like overkill.
                          > I am owner/moderator of a few lists and now that I am the East
                          Kingdom
                          > University Chancellores, I've got all that CRAP to deal with.
                          >
                          > :)
                          >
                          > erlan
                          >

                          > > Whatever happened to the East Kingdom Chorale list? It
                          disappeared
                          > > from my list. Erlan?
                          > >
                          > > Heloise

                        • daggett42
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 5, 2006
                            My next quest is to get the KWC in Lohac. We've had people sing in
                            the past, and one year we had the Queen in our audience and was very
                            impressed. I think that was the first year that Lohac was officially
                            a Kingdom and was at Pennsic as a Kingdom.
                            I hear that there is an event that happens in March that is sort of
                            like their big war... and hmm what a wonderful opportunity for the KWC
                            to happen.
                            I have set my next quest.

                            :)

                            Erlan Nordenskald KWC Coordinator, Director Emeritas.