erlan out of town

  • erlannordenskald
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 17, 2004
      Hello all
      List has been quite, but I know that soon it will be bubbling with
      information on rehearsals, music and the like.
      I will be out of town from Feb 19 - 28th, just in case anyone
      needed me for anything. I'll try to check in from time to time.
      Happy Winter.

      Erlan
    • ladysvea@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 18, 2004
        Now that you mention it, I could use a little help. Do you know of a recording of the Te Deum that we could use as a rehearsal tape for new singers for the EK Coronation?
        Thanks.
        Svea
        "erlannordenskald" <erlannordenskald@...> wrote:

        >Hello all
        >  List has been quite, but I know that soon it will be bubbling with
        >information on rehearsals, music and the like.
        >  I will be out of town from Feb 19 - 28th, just in case anyone
        >needed me for anything.  I'll try to check in from time to time.
        >Happy Winter.
        >
        >Erlan

        Netscape. Just the Net You Need.
      • Shivaun McGoff
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 19, 2004
          ladysvea@... wrote:
          > Now that you mention it, I could use a little help. Do you know of a
          > recording of the Te Deum that we could use as a rehearsal tape for
          > new singers for the EK Coronation? Thanks. Svea

          Svea,

          When's your next practice? I know it pretty well. I don't think the
          last concert got taped.

          Siobhan
        • maria daggett
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 26, 2004
            Svea
            I"M not around for a few days yet, but Siobhan KNOWS
            it very well, i'm sure she canhelp. I have to chec
            and see if I have a recording, dont think so, I will
            make a noteworthy version of it when I get back to
            cold NY.
            Also, Lady Isabeau does it a tad bit
            differetly...she uses a later Latin, not a big
            adjustment, and she has her own inturpretation of the
            neumes, also, not a big deal, easily adjusted. She
            will do the same section that we did for the concert
            and EK court last year.

            i'll be back in a few days.

            erlan

            --- Shivaun McGoff <ladysiobhan@...> wrote:
            > ladysvea@... wrote:
            > > Now that you mention it, I could use a little
            > help. Do you know of a
            > > recording of the Te Deum that we could use as a
            > rehearsal tape for
            > > new singers for the EK Coronation? Thanks. Svea
            >
            > Svea,
            >
            > When's your next practice? I know it pretty well.
            > I don't think the
            > last concert got taped.
            >
            > Siobhan

            http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
          • daggett42
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 29, 2004
              Hey there
              I"m back from Florida, it was a great trip. My parents are always
              glad to see me.
              OK, regarding the Te Deum
              1) I DO have a recording of the Westminster Abbey Choir, it's a
              decent recording. I will attempt to put this in the files section.
              2) I have larynghittis. or however you spell it, VERY bad. I
              started to get sick during the week, sneezing and coughing and after
              I got off the plane on Saturday.........forget it, I have NO voice.

              So I won't be much help to ANYONE singing or even talking for a few
              days, which of course means that for Bardic, I will not be competing
              this year. So, you all are safe.........no need to worry <grin>

              THe Tropes will be rehearsing on Monday night in Oakland NJ on March
              8th and 22nd and Perhaps on the 29th as well. I will check with
              Isabeau on the schedule for Coronation, I believe that she will
              gather people together before the first Court to rehearse the piece.
              Performance time is only about 4 minutes if you only do it
              once.....tee hee

              Erlan
            • daggett42
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
                for anyone joinging the Tropes in singing the Te Deum at the
                Coronation of Kelson and Geneviere in April, here is a recording that
                you might be able to use to practice. Lady Isabeau takes a few
                liberties with text and rhythm, but it's pretty much there.

                erlan
              • ladysiobhan@comcast.net
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
                  Erlan, did you attach a midi file? I didn't get it.

                  -S.

                  --
                  Iron Bog - The Shire, The State of Mind
                  > for anyone joining the Tropes in singing the Te Deum at the
                  > Coronation of Kelson and Geneviere in April, here is a recording that
                  > you might be able to use to practice. Lady Isabeau takes a few
                  > liberties with text and rhythm, but it's pretty much there.
                  >
                  > erlan
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • daggett42
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
                    Yaaaa
                    It's in the Files section
                    Go to the left of the page and it will be on the list...4-5 lines
                    down.