Re: A plea to Pennsic Choir sopranos

  • Gilane
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 30 8:37 AM
      Greetings,
      I am the daughter of Lady Cathryn Sylvestrov. I live in the Kingdom
      of Atenveldt. My husband and I have been plying together in the SCA
      for 7 years. We have two young children (ages 6 and 3). This will be
      the first time I have ever been to Pennsic War, and the first time I
      have participated in the Known World Choir. I am excited to have the
      opportunity to sing with my Mom again. I would like to sing Alto for
      you. I have a Mezzo soprano range, so I am pretty versatile (alto 1
      or 2, no difference, can stretch to soprano if necessary). I am
      having a little trouble accessing the music so I can practice it.
      Would someone help me find it, please?

      YIS,
      Lady Donwenna Dwn

      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@...> wrote:

      > A week or so back I asked sopranos who registered to sing with the
      Pennsic Choir to consider switching to alto.
      > So far I have had two volunteers.
      >
      > I could really use another five.
      >
      > Any other takers?
      >
      > Arianna
      >

      > Karen Kasper
      >
      > "Only the educated are free." Epictetus (55 AD - 135 AD), Discourses
      >
      > "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."
      Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990), in Forbes Magazine

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 30 8:43 AM

        Geffrei

        I am the daughter of Lady Cathryn Sylvestrov. I live in the Kingdom
        of Atenveldt. My husband and I have been plying together in the SCA
        for 7 years. We have two young children (ages 6 and 3). This will be
        the first time I have ever been to Pennsic War, and the first time I
        have participated in the Known World Choir. I am excited to have the
        opportunity to sing with my Mom again. I would like to sing Alto for
        you. I have a Mezzo soprano range, so I am pretty versatile (alto 1
        or 2, no difference, can stretch to soprano if necessary). I am
        having a little trouble accessing the music so I can practice it.
        Would someone help me find it, please?

        YIS,
        Lady Donwenna Dwn

        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups .com, Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@ ...> wrote:

        > A week or so back I asked sopranos who registered to sing with the
        Pennsic Choir to consider switching to alto.
        > So far I have had two volunteers.
        >
        > I could really use another five.
        >
        > Any other takers?
        >
        > Arianna
        >

        > Karen Kasper
        >
        > "Only the educated are free." Epictetus (55 AD - 135 AD),
        Discourses

        > "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open
        one."
        Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990), in Forbes Magazine

        > ------------ --------- --------- ---
        > Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with
        Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 30 8:46 AM
          Downloading files from the Yahoo Group site should be easy, though if you're on a dial-up modem, it may be slow and time consuming.

          At the bottom of any email from the KWChoir Yahoo Group, you will find a bunch of links in small print.

          Click on the one that says Files and a new window will open up listing all the file folders on the Yahoo Group site.

          From there, select the appropriate folder - for this Pennsic, click on the folder that says Pennsic 2006.  Then select the folder for the items you want, for instance, PDF Files

          Once you can see files (as opposed to folders), you can open and download them by clicking on each file's name and selecting Save, then choosing a place on your hard drive to save them.

          Remember, if you are unable to download the files, you can send me a check for $5 by snail mail and I will mail you a binder with the music.

          I hope this helps everyone!

          Arianna

          P.S. Donwenna - thanks for registering.  Would you please go ahead and learn the Alto 2 part for Gentil Senora Mia?  We're still running short on lower altos... Thanks!

          Gilane <thistlemedic@...> wrote:
          Greetings,
          I am the daughter of Lady Cathryn Sylvestrov. I live in the Kingdom
          of Atenveldt. My husband and I have been plying together in the SCA
          for 7 years. We have two young children (ages 6 and 3). This will be
          the first time I have ever been to Pennsic War, and the first time I
          have participated in the Known World Choir. I am excited to have the
          opportunity to sing with my Mom again. I would like to sing Alto for
          you. I have a Mezzo soprano range, so I am pretty versatile (alto 1
          or 2, no difference, can stretch to soprano if necessary). I am
          having a little trouble accessing the music so I can practice it.
          Would someone help me find it, please?

          YIS,
          Lady Donwenna Dwn

          --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups .com, Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@ ...> wrote:

          > A week or so back I asked sopranos who registered to sing with the
          Pennsic Choir to consider switching to alto.
          > So far I have had two volunteers.
          >
          > I could really use another five.
          >
          > Any other takers?
          >
          > Arianna
          >

          > Karen Kasper
          >
          > "Only the educated are free." Epictetus (55 AD - 135 AD), Discourses
          >
          > "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."
          Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990), in Forbes Magazine

          > ------------ --------- --------- ---
          > Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with
          Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

        • melissa mazur
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 1, 2006

            Ariianna,

            hope all is well with you. I received my music. Thank you.

            I will sing Alto...however, I don't remember what I originally told you. My range is Mezzo, but I love the low notes. If I go to the sight, can I hear the music so that I may practice?

            Denw verch rhys

            From: Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@...>
            To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [KWChoir] Downloading music from the KWC Yahoo Group
            Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 08:46:45 -0700 (PDT)

            Downloading files from the Yahoo Group site should be easy, though if you're on a dial-up modem, it may be slow and time consuming.

            At the bottom of any email from the KWChoir Yahoo Group, you will find a bunch of links in small print.

            Click on the one that says Files and a new window will open up listing all the file folders on the Yahoo Group site.

            From there, select the appropriate folder - for this Pennsic, click on the folder that says Pennsic 2006.  Then select the folder for the items you want, for instance, PDF Files