Re: [KWChoir] A plea to Pennsic Choir sopranos

  • Kiro Lee
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 22 7:59 AM
      Is it too late to register for this year? If not,
      while I usually do tenor, I can switch to alto (or
      soprano and occasionally bass.) with no problem. At
      times I've read more than one part in a single peice.

      Rayne

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 22 8:18 AM
        It's never too late to register!

        Tenor is ok, too.  We can always use more tenors.  :-)

        Just go to the Pennsic website under A & S and select the Pennsic Choir, then click on the link for online registration.

        Arianna

        --- Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@ yahoo.com> wrote:

        > A week or so back I asked sopranos who registered to
        > sing with the Pennsic Choir to consider switching to
        > alto.
        > So far I have had two volunteers.
        >
        > I could really use another five.
        >
        > Any other takers?
        >
        > Arianna
        >

        > Karen Kasper
        >
        > "Only the educated are free." Epictetus (55 AD -
        > 135 AD), Discourses
        >
        > "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind
        > with an open one." Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990), in
        > Forbes Magazine

        http://mail. yahoo.com

      • Lisa Briner
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 30 8:22 AM
          I can switch.

          Ysabel

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • Gilane
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 30 8:37 AM
            Greetings,
            I am the daughter of Lady Cathryn Sylvestrov. I live in the Kingdom
            of Atenveldt. My husband and I have been plying together in the SCA
            for 7 years. We have two young children (ages 6 and 3). This will be
            the first time I have ever been to Pennsic War, and the first time I
            have participated in the Known World Choir. I am excited to have the
            opportunity to sing with my Mom again. I would like to sing Alto for
            you. I have a Mezzo soprano range, so I am pretty versatile (alto 1
            or 2, no difference, can stretch to soprano if necessary). I am
            having a little trouble accessing the music so I can practice it.
            Would someone help me find it, please?

            YIS,
            Lady Donwenna Dwn

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 30 8:43 AM

              Geffrei

              I am the daughter of Lady Cathryn Sylvestrov. I live in the Kingdom
              of Atenveldt. My husband and I have been plying together in the SCA
              for 7 years. We have two young children (ages 6 and 3). This will be
              the first time I have ever been to Pennsic War, and the first time I
              have participated in the Known World Choir. I am excited to have the
              opportunity to sing with my Mom again. I would like to sing Alto for
              you. I have a Mezzo soprano range, so I am pretty versatile (alto 1
              or 2, no difference, can stretch to soprano if necessary). I am
              having a little trouble accessing the music so I can practice it.
              Would someone help me find it, please?

              YIS,
              Lady Donwenna Dwn

              --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups .com, Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@ ...> wrote:

              > A week or so back I asked sopranos who registered to sing with the
              Pennsic Choir to consider switching to alto.
              > So far I have had two volunteers.
              >
              > I could really use another five.
              >
              > Any other takers?
              >
              > Arianna
              >

              > Karen Kasper
              >
              > "Only the educated are free." Epictetus (55 AD - 135 AD),
              Discourses

              > "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open
              one."
              Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990), in Forbes Magazine

              > ------------ --------- --------- ---
              > Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with
              Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 30 8:46 AM
                Downloading files from the Yahoo Group site should be easy, though if you're on a dial-up modem, it may be slow and time consuming.

                At the bottom of any email from the KWChoir Yahoo Group, you will find a bunch of links in small print.

                Click on the one that says Files and a new window will open up listing all the file folders on the Yahoo Group site.

                From there, select the appropriate folder - for this Pennsic, click on the folder that says Pennsic 2006.  Then select the folder for the items you want, for instance, PDF Files

                Once you can see files (as opposed to folders), you can open and download them by clicking on each file's name and selecting Save, then choosing a place on your hard drive to save them.

                Remember, if you are unable to download the files, you can send me a check for $5 by snail mail and I will mail you a binder with the music.

                I hope this helps everyone!

                Arianna

                P.S. Donwenna - thanks for registering.  Would you please go ahead and learn the Alto 2 part for Gentil Senora Mia?  We're still running short on lower altos... Thanks!

                Gilane <thistlemedic@...> wrote:
                Greetings,
                I am the daughter of Lady Cathryn Sylvestrov. I live in the Kingdom
                of Atenveldt. My husband and I have been plying together in the SCA
                for 7 years. We have two young children (ages 6 and 3). This will be
                the first time I have ever been to Pennsic War, and the first time I
                have participated in the Known World Choir. I am excited to have the
                opportunity to sing with my Mom again. I would like to sing Alto for
                you. I have a Mezzo soprano range, so I am pretty versatile (alto 1
                or 2, no difference, can stretch to soprano if necessary). I am
                having a little trouble accessing the music so I can practice it.
                Would someone help me find it, please?

                YIS,
                Lady Donwenna Dwn

                --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups .com, Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@ ...> wrote:

                > A week or so back I asked sopranos who registered to sing with the
                Pennsic Choir to consider switching to alto.
                > So far I have had two volunteers.
                >
                > I could really use another five.
                >
                > Any other takers?
                >
                > Arianna
                >

                > Karen Kasper
                >
                > "Only the educated are free." Epictetus (55 AD - 135 AD), Discourses
                >
                > "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."
                Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990), in Forbes Magazine

                > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                > Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with
                Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

              • melissa mazur
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 1, 2006

                  Ariianna,

                  hope all is well with you. I received my music. Thank you.

                  I will sing Alto...however, I don't remember what I originally told you. My range is Mezzo, but I love the low notes. If I go to the sight, can I hear the music so that I may practice?

                  Denw verch rhys

                  From: Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@...>
                  To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
                  Subject: [KWChoir] Downloading music from the KWC Yahoo Group
                  Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 08:46:45 -0700 (PDT)

                  Downloading files from the Yahoo Group site should be easy, though if you're on a dial-up modem, it may be slow and time consuming.

                  At the bottom of any email from the KWChoir Yahoo Group, you will find a bunch of links in small print.

                  Click on the one that says Files and a new window will open up listing all the file folders on the Yahoo Group site.

                  From there, select the appropriate folder - for this Pennsic, click on the folder that says Pennsic 2006.  Then select the folder for the items you want, for instance, PDF Files