Re: Lilies KWC Inaugural Performance

  • daggett42
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 22, 2006
      Congratulations to Brice Le Raton, the lucky conductor of the first
      annual Lilies Known World Choir.

      I noticed that you used "annual" which indicates to me that it was a
      positive enough experience to DO IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR.......

      This is very much like watching a child grow up.....

      I hope that everyone had a wonderful time.......and I look forward to
      hearing rehearsal stories and feed back from the participants...

      Maybe some pictures....

      Great Job.... to EVERYONE!!

      Erlan
    • Ann Gunther
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 22, 2006
        There might be pictures, but then again, there might not.  (I took no photos.)

        It was a dark and stormy night; we were singing by flashlight and incinetron light on a windswept peninsula.  So we sang upwind, to let the wind carry the sound to most listeners.

        We got plenty of applause, and public thanks from Baron Trevor.  But the best comment I heard was from one of several instrumentalists performing at Lilies, who was camped more than 100 yards away...

        Constantia said, "At first, I heard the music and thought, "Who the heck's got their CD player going?"  Then I listened closer and had to come right over!  This is so cool!!"

        (And congratulations to Constantia, soon to become a member of the Order of the Laurel!)

        -- Annalies

        daggett42 <daggett42@...> wrote:
        Congratulations to Brice Le Raton, the lucky conductor of the first
        annual Lilies Known World Choir.

        I noticed that you used "annual" which indicates to me that it was a
        positive enough experience to DO IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR.......

        This is very much like watching a child grow up.....

        I hope that everyone had a wonderful time.......and I look forward to
        hearing rehearsal stories and feed back from the participants. ..

        Maybe some pictures....

        Great Job.... to EVERYONE!!

      • Suzanne
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 22, 2006
          How wonderful!
          I hope to be resident in Calontir before next Lilies, and will *try*
          to join the Choir. I sing low alto and can sometimes handle a high
          tenor part. :-)
          You programmed some of my favorite composers... how could I not be
          there??

          Susanne de Lessard
          of the Outlands, for now
        • Bruce Rawitch
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 23, 2006
            --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "daggett42" <daggett42@...> wrote:
            I noticed that you used "annual" which indicates to me that it was a
            positive enough experience to DO IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR....

            Erlan,

            Yep, I'm planning on doing it again next year, but better. It was an
            amazing good time (for me at least, and I hope for everyone else) and
            next year we will even have better performance conditions (i.e., not
            outdoors by torchlight in a stiff wind- very period, but not the most
            condusive of conditions for choral performance :-)

            I look forward to seeing everyone back next year and meeting more of
            you.

            YIS

            Brice
          • Justin Semmel
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 27, 2006
              If you have any spare copies, or just pdfs, I would mind bringing your melody to our far distant land.

              YiS
              Juz, from the land of the long white cloud
              aka Melbourne Australia, come winter.