Re: [KWChoir] A plea to Pennsic Choir sopranos

  • Diane K. Hauer
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 22, 2006
      let me check the schedule... I may be able to sing this year. if so i will be an Alto.

      Svanhildr

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 22, 2006
        Thanks, that would be great.  The rehearsal schedule and online registration form are available at the Pennsic website at http://pennsicwar.org/penn35/AANDS/choir.html

        Arianna

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 22, 2006
          Is it too late to register for this year? If not,
          while I usually do tenor, I can switch to alto (or
          soprano and occasionally bass.) with no problem. At
          times I've read more than one part in a single peice.

          Rayne

          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 22, 2006
            It's never too late to register!

            Tenor is ok, too.  We can always use more tenors.  :-)

            Just go to the Pennsic website under A & S and select the Pennsic Choir, then click on the link for online registration.

            Arianna

            --- Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@ yahoo.com> wrote:

            > A week or so back I asked sopranos who registered to
            > sing with the Pennsic Choir to consider switching to
            > alto.
            > So far I have had two volunteers.
            >
            > I could really use another five.
            >
            > Any other takers?
            >
            > Arianna
            >

            > Karen Kasper
            >
            > "Only the educated are free." Epictetus (55 AD -
            > 135 AD), Discourses
            >
            > "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind
            > with an open one." Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990), in
            > Forbes Magazine

            http://mail. yahoo.com

          • Lisa Briner
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 30, 2006
              I can switch.

              Ysabel

              Do you Yahoo!?
            • Gilane
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 30, 2006
                Greetings,
                I am the daughter of Lady Cathryn Sylvestrov. I live in the Kingdom
                of Atenveldt. My husband and I have been plying together in the SCA
                for 7 years. We have two young children (ages 6 and 3). This will be
                the first time I have ever been to Pennsic War, and the first time I
                have participated in the Known World Choir. I am excited to have the
                opportunity to sing with my Mom again. I would like to sing Alto for
                you. I have a Mezzo soprano range, so I am pretty versatile (alto 1
                or 2, no difference, can stretch to soprano if necessary). I am
                having a little trouble accessing the music so I can practice it.
                Would someone help me find it, please?

                YIS,
                Lady Donwenna Dwn

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 30, 2006

                  Geffrei

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 30, 2006
                    Downloading files from the Yahoo Group site should be easy, though if you're on a dial-up modem, it may be slow and time consuming.

                    At the bottom of any email from the KWChoir Yahoo Group, you will find a bunch of links in small print.

                    Click on the one that says Files and a new window will open up listing all the file folders on the Yahoo Group site.

                    From there, select the appropriate folder - for this Pennsic, click on the folder that says Pennsic 2006.  Then select the folder for the items you want, for instance, PDF Files

                    Once you can see files (as opposed to folders), you can open and download them by clicking on each file's name and selecting Save, then choosing a place on your hard drive to save them.

                    Remember, if you are unable to download the files, you can send me a check for $5 by snail mail and I will mail you a binder with the music.

                    I hope this helps everyone!

                    Arianna

                    P.S. Donwenna - thanks for registering.  Would you please go ahead and learn the Alto 2 part for Gentil Senora Mia?  We're still running short on lower altos... Thanks!

                    Gilane <thistlemedic@...> wrote:
                    Greetings,
                    I am the daughter of Lady Cathryn Sylvestrov. I live in the Kingdom
                    of Atenveldt. My husband and I have been plying together in the SCA
                    for 7 years. We have two young children (ages 6 and 3). This will be
                    the first time I have ever been to Pennsic War, and the first time I
                    have participated in the Known World Choir. I am excited to have the
                    opportunity to sing with my Mom again. I would like to sing Alto for
                    you. I have a Mezzo soprano range, so I am pretty versatile (alto 1
                    or 2, no difference, can stretch to soprano if necessary). I am
                    having a little trouble accessing the music so I can practice it.
                    Would someone help me find it, please?

                    YIS,
                    Lady Donwenna Dwn

                    --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups .com, Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@ ...> wrote:

                    > A week or so back I asked sopranos who registered to sing with the
                    Pennsic Choir to consider switching to alto.
                    > So far I have had two volunteers.
                    >
                    > I could really use another five.
                    >
                    > Any other takers?
                    >
                    > Arianna
                    >

                    > Karen Kasper
                    >
                    > "Only the educated are free." Epictetus (55 AD - 135 AD), Discourses
                    >
                    > "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."
                    Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990), in Forbes Magazine

                    > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                    > Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with
                    Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

                  • melissa mazur
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 1, 2006

                      Ariianna,

                      hope all is well with you. I received my music. Thank you.

                      I will sing Alto...however, I don't remember what I originally told you. My range is Mezzo, but I love the low notes. If I go to the sight, can I hear the music so that I may practice?

                      Denw verch rhys

                      From: Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@...>
                      To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
                      Subject: [KWChoir] Downloading music from the KWC Yahoo Group
                      Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 08:46:45 -0700 (PDT)

                      Downloading files from the Yahoo Group site should be easy, though if you're on a dial-up modem, it may be slow and time consuming.

                      At the bottom of any email from the KWChoir Yahoo Group, you will find a bunch of links in small print.

                      Click on the one that says Files and a new window will open up listing all the file folders on the Yahoo Group site.

                      From there, select the appropriate folder - for this Pennsic, click on the folder that says Pennsic 2006.  Then select the folder for the items you want, for instance, PDF Files