RE: [KWChoir] A plea to Pennsic Choir sopranos

  • Kimberly Hughes
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 21 9:23 PM
      Arianna,
      I'll switch. I don't believe I had joined yet when you made that request. Since I've just started looking at the music, it shouldn't be as difficult for me to switch as it would for those who have been working on the music for awhile already....and besides, I've discovered my range isn't as high as it used to be! LOL

      Lady Luisiuil (of the Willows)
      m.k.a. Kimberly Hughes

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 22 3:43 AM
        let me check the schedule... I may be able to sing this year. if so i will be an Alto.

        Svanhildr

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 22 5:12 AM
          Thanks, that would be great.  The rehearsal schedule and online registration form are available at the Pennsic website at http://pennsicwar.org/penn35/AANDS/choir.html

          Arianna

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 22 7:59 AM
            Is it too late to register for this year? If not,
            while I usually do tenor, I can switch to alto (or
            soprano and occasionally bass.) with no problem. At
            times I've read more than one part in a single peice.

            Rayne

            http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 22 8:18 AM
              It's never too late to register!

              Tenor is ok, too.  We can always use more tenors.  :-)

              Just go to the Pennsic website under A & S and select the Pennsic Choir, then click on the link for online registration.

              Arianna

              --- Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@ yahoo.com> wrote:

              > A week or so back I asked sopranos who registered to
              > sing with the Pennsic Choir to consider switching to
              > alto.
              > So far I have had two volunteers.
              >
              > I could really use another five.
              >
              > Any other takers?
              >
              > Arianna
              >

              > Karen Kasper
              >
              > "Only the educated are free." Epictetus (55 AD -
              > 135 AD), Discourses
              >
              > "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind
              > with an open one." Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990), in
              > Forbes Magazine

              http://mail. yahoo.com

            • Lisa Briner
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 30 8:22 AM
                I can switch.

                Ysabel

                Do you Yahoo!?
              • Gilane
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 30 8:37 AM
                  Greetings,
                  I am the daughter of Lady Cathryn Sylvestrov. I live in the Kingdom
                  of Atenveldt. My husband and I have been plying together in the SCA
                  for 7 years. We have two young children (ages 6 and 3). This will be
                  the first time I have ever been to Pennsic War, and the first time I
                  have participated in the Known World Choir. I am excited to have the
                  opportunity to sing with my Mom again. I would like to sing Alto for
                  you. I have a Mezzo soprano range, so I am pretty versatile (alto 1
                  or 2, no difference, can stretch to soprano if necessary). I am
                  having a little trouble accessing the music so I can practice it.
                  Would someone help me find it, please?

                  YIS,
                  Lady Donwenna Dwn

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 30 8:43 AM

                    Geffrei

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 30 8:46 AM
                      Downloading files from the Yahoo Group site should be easy, though if you're on a dial-up modem, it may be slow and time consuming.

                      At the bottom of any email from the KWChoir Yahoo Group, you will find a bunch of links in small print.

                      Click on the one that says Files and a new window will open up listing all the file folders on the Yahoo Group site.

                      From there, select the appropriate folder - for this Pennsic, click on the folder that says Pennsic 2006.  Then select the folder for the items you want, for instance, PDF Files

                      Once you can see files (as opposed to folders), you can open and download them by clicking on each file's name and selecting Save, then choosing a place on your hard drive to save them.

                      Remember, if you are unable to download the files, you can send me a check for $5 by snail mail and I will mail you a binder with the music.

                      I hope this helps everyone!

                      Arianna

                      P.S. Donwenna - thanks for registering.  Would you please go ahead and learn the Alto 2 part for Gentil Senora Mia?  We're still running short on lower altos... Thanks!

                      Gilane <thistlemedic@...> wrote:
                      Greetings,
                      I am the daughter of Lady Cathryn Sylvestrov. I live in the Kingdom
                      of Atenveldt. My husband and I have been plying together in the SCA
                      for 7 years. We have two young children (ages 6 and 3). This will be
                      the first time I have ever been to Pennsic War, and the first time I
                      have participated in the Known World Choir. I am excited to have the
                      opportunity to sing with my Mom again. I would like to sing Alto for
                      you. I have a Mezzo soprano range, so I am pretty versatile (alto 1
                      or 2, no difference, can stretch to soprano if necessary). I am
                      having a little trouble accessing the music so I can practice it.
                      Would someone help me find it, please?

                      YIS,
                      Lady Donwenna Dwn

                      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups .com, Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@ ...> wrote:

                      > A week or so back I asked sopranos who registered to sing with the
                      Pennsic Choir to consider switching to alto.
                      > So far I have had two volunteers.
                      >
                      > I could really use another five.
                      >
                      > Any other takers?
                      >
                      > Arianna
                      >

                      > Karen Kasper
                      >
                      > "Only the educated are free." Epictetus (55 AD - 135 AD), Discourses
                      >
                      > "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."
                      Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990), in Forbes Magazine

                      > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                      > Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with
                      Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

                    • melissa mazur
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 1, 2006

                        Ariianna,

                        hope all is well with you. I received my music. Thank you.

                        I will sing Alto...however, I don't remember what I originally told you. My range is Mezzo, but I love the low notes. If I go to the sight, can I hear the music so that I may practice?

                        Denw verch rhys

                        From: Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@...>
                        To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
                        Subject: [KWChoir] Downloading music from the KWC Yahoo Group
                        Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 08:46:45 -0700 (PDT)

                        Downloading files from the Yahoo Group site should be easy, though if you're on a dial-up modem, it may be slow and time consuming.

                        At the bottom of any email from the KWChoir Yahoo Group, you will find a bunch of links in small print.

                        Click on the one that says Files and a new window will open up listing all the file folders on the Yahoo Group site.

                        From there, select the appropriate folder - for this Pennsic, click on the folder that says Pennsic 2006.  Then select the folder for the items you want, for instance, PDF Files