Lilies Music is posted!

  • Bruce Rawitch
    Message 1 of 9 , May 8, 2006

      Everyone,

      Sorry to be MIA for so long, but little things like my job keep getting the way of my hobbies.  Damn that work thing!  ;)

      The files for the Lilies KWC music is posted in the files section here.  It will also be linked from the official War of the Lilies Website ( http://calontir.sca.org/lilieswar/lilieswar.php ) and at ( http://www.calonsong.org/lilieskwc/ )

      The theme of the concert is Faith, Love and War.  The song list is:

      Faith:

      Mass for 3 voices- Wm.Byrd

      Kyrie

      Sanctus

      Agnus Dei

      Sicut Cervus – Palestrina

      Love:

      April is in my Mistress Face – Morley

      O Occhi Manza Mia – Orlando di Lasso

      Ahimè dov'è'l bel viso  - Acradelt

      War:

      Agincourt Carol – Anon

      Sing Along (cause in Calontir, EVERYONE sings)

      Non Nobis – Henry V Movie version

      Dona Nobis Pacem  - Palestrina (attributed)

      Please email me if you are coming.  I will be catching up with those of you who have already contacted me later tonight or tomorrow.

      Yours in Service,

      Brice Le Raton, Calontir.

    • Bruce Rawitch
      Message 2 of 9 , May 9, 2006
        For those of you downloading the files, you will need to use the
        noteworthy composer viewer v1.7 (for the NWC 2.0 files) Most of the
        files I have posted were done in NWC 2.0 which needs the updated viewer
        or the 2.0 version.

        You can download the updated viewer at
        http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/nwc2/viewer.htm

        Thanks!
        Brice
      • Elena de Montbéliard
        Message 3 of 9 , May 25, 2006
          Brice,

          I have Noteworthy Composer 1.7, and I scrapped my Noteworthy Viewer when I acquired it because I can't print from it, whereas I can print from Composer. However, as you well know, I cannot access your 2.0 files in my 1.7 version of Composer. Someone in my Barony needs me to print the music for her because she has a Mac and there's no Viewer for Mac. Do you have the music in .pdf form so people can print and practice away from their computers?

          If you don't have the ability to make .pdf files, I'll gladly do so and send them back to you if you can email me .jpgs of the music. Lilies being so soon, she's rather desperate to acquire paper copies ASAP.

          Thanks,

          Elena Noel de Montb�liard
          Barony of Three Rivers

          -- "Bruce Rawitch" <brucerawitch@...> wrote:
          For those of you downloading the files, you will need to use the
          noteworthy composer viewer v1.7 (for the NWC 2.0 files) Most of the
          files I have posted were done in NWC 2.0 which needs the updated viewer
          or the 2.0 version.

          You can download the updated viewer at
          http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/nwc2/viewer.htm

          Thanks!
          Brice

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Elena de Montbéliard

            Message 5 of 9 , May 26, 2006
              Here down south it would be nice to see what you're going to be singing and
              playing. Please do let me know if you do have PDFs...

              Cheers,
              Juz.
              > I have Noteworthy Composer 1.7, and I scrapped my Noteworthy Viewer when I
              acquired it because I can't print from it, whereas I can print from
              Composer. However, as you well know, I cannot access your 2.0 files in my
              1.7 version of Composer. Someone in my Barony needs me to print the music
              for her because she has a Mac and there's no Viewer for Mac. Do you have
              the music in .pdf form so people can print and practice away from their
              computers?

              > If you don't have the ability to make .pdf files, I'll gladly do so and
              send them back to you if you can email me .jpgs of the music. Lilies being
              so soon, she's rather desperate to acquire paper copies ASAP.

              > Thanks,
              >
              > Elena Noel de Montbéliard
              > Barony of Three Rivers
              >

              > -- "Bruce Rawitch" <brucerawitch@...> wrote:
              > For those of you downloading the files, you will need to use the
              > noteworthy composer viewer v1.7 (for the NWC 2.0 files) Most of the
              > files I have posted were done in NWC 2.0 which needs the updated viewer
              > or the 2.0 version.
              >
              > You can download the updated viewer at
              > http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/nwc2/viewer.htm
              >
              > Thanks!
              > Brice
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              > http://www.eset.com

            • Bruce Rawitch
              Message 6 of 9 , May 26, 2006
                Elena,

                My list of things for the weekend had at the top creating PDF files
                of all the music. Due to various issues (lost Noteworty CD, ancient
                computer and Adobe Acrobat file loaned to my temple) getting the PDFs
                has been a challenge- so If you could send them to me (or post the
                files here in the file section) I would be eternally in your debt.

                For those coming to Lilies, we have about 20 people signed up so
                far. What I am really short on is Tenors/Basses. So if you have a
                bass/tenor you can convince/coerece/bribe/threaten to sing in the
                KWC, now's the time to do it :-)

                Thanks all
                Brice

                --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Elena de Montbéliard"
                <redfedora@...> wrote:

                > Brice,
                >
                > Okay, so the ability to print these files seems to be one of the
                improvements of Viewer 2.0. I've sucessfully printed the whole
                program. If you express interest, I'll send you the .pdf files today
                or this weekend if you'd like them to be available to Mac users.
                Just let me know.

                > Thanks,
                >
                > Elena Noel de Montbéliard
                > Barony of Three Rivers
                >

                > -- "Bruce Rawitch" <brucerawitch@...> wrote:
                > For those of you downloading the files, you will need to use the
                > noteworthy composer viewer v1.7 (for the NWC 2.0 files) Most of
                the
                > files I have posted were done in NWC 2.0 which needs the updated
                viewer
                > or the 2.0 version.
                >
                > You can download the updated viewer at
                > http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/nwc2/viewer.htm
                >
                > Thanks!
                > Brice
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Amanda J Kubik
                Message 7 of 9 , May 31, 2006
                  Bruce,

                  I'm Frida, I posted back in April that I'm coming down to the
                  Lillies war from Northshield. I've been getting the KWChoir list
                  for awhile now and never saw a sign up announcement for parts or
                  anything like that. Also there has never been an annoucement of
                  when practices will be during the war. The Lillies website is, as a
                  Calontir friend put it, woefully inaccurate, and I would like to get
                  the info from the source.

                  I am a mezzo/soprano II but can also sing alto I if necessary. Is
                  there still room? Sorry, I'm not bringing any tenors or basses with
                  me from Korsvag, as we are woefully lacking in the gentlemen
                  department.

                  When are rehearsals going to be? I won't be arriving at site until
                  the evening of the 13th. Is that too late? If so, that's fine too,
                  I'll come watch your concert.

                  Thanks,
                  Frida fra Korsvag
                • Ann Gunther
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 1, 2006
                    Greetings, Frida!

                    There seem to be some discrepancies between the RUSH schedule (where rehearsals are listed) and the general schedule (where rehearsals are also listed).  I am fixing this issue with the relevant parties even as we speak.

                    However, I can say that rehearsals are two hours daily, from Wednsday 6/14 through Saturday 6/17, with performance on Saturday 6/17.

                    As soon as the scheduling problem is fixed, I'll let everyone know.

                    Thanks!

                    -- Annalies

                    Amanda J Kubik <akubik@...> wrote:
[...]

                    http://mail.yahoo.com

                  • Bruce Rawitch
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 4, 2006
                      Hello All-

                      Lilies will soon be upon us- the link to the schedule showing
                      rehearsals is
                      http://www.calontir.sca.org/lilieswar/lilieswar.php?
                      primary=schedule&secondary=none

                      Rehearsal will be from 11:30-1:30 Wednesday-Friday and 10;00-12:00
                      Saturday. Performance Saturday evening before court.

                      I am still woefully short of Tenors/Basses. This practice does NOT
                      interfere with much if any of the fighting, so there is no excuse!
                      (I fight too) Ladies, strong arm your Lords into coming- they will
                      be glad they did!

                      See you at the War!

                      Brice

                      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Ann Gunther <annalies_g@...> wrote:

                      > Greetings, Frida!
                      >
                      > There seem to be some discrepancies between the RUSH schedule
                      (where rehearsals are listed) and the general schedule (where
                      rehearsals are also listed). I am fixing this issue with the
                      relevant parties even as we speak.

                      > However, I can say that rehearsals are two hours daily, from
                      Wednsday 6/14 through Saturday 6/17, with performance on Saturday
                      6/17.

                      > As soon as the scheduling problem is fixed, I'll let everyone
                      know.

                      > Thanks!
                      >
                      > -- Annalies
                      >

                      > Amanda J Kubik <akubik@...> wrote:
                      > Bruce,
                      >
                      > I'm Frida, I posted back in April that I'm coming down to the
                      > Lillies war from Northshield. I've been getting the KWChoir list
                      > for awhile now and never saw a sign up announcement for parts or
                      > anything like that. Also there has never been an annoucement of
                      > when practices will be during the war. The Lillies website is, as
                      > Calontir friend put it, woefully inaccurate, and I would like to
                      get
                      > the info from the source.
                      >
                      > I am a mezzo/soprano II but can also sing alto I if necessary. Is
                      > there still room? Sorry, I'm not bringing any tenors or basses
                      with
                      > me from Korsvag, as we are woefully lacking in the gentlemen
                      > department.
                      >
                      > When are rehearsals going to be? I won't be arriving at site
                      until
                      > the evening of the 13th. Is that too late? If so, that's fine
                      too,
                      > I'll come watch your concert.
                      >
                      > Thanks,
                      > Frida fra Korsvag

                      > Early music Classical music Classical guitar

                      Service.