Re: [KWChoir] music glitch?

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 23, 2006
      Ariadne,

      Would it help you if I sent the original Noteworthy file?  I have Noteworthy Composer 2 (Beta), though, so you'd have to download a copy if you're still using 1.75 as the older version won't read files from version 2.

      Pronunciation is hard to do in print.  Dindirin is not actually in Spanish; I believe it's Catalan, though it comes off as a mishmash of Spanish and French (so, for example, "je" is pronounced as in French, but "dana" which should have a tilda over the N, is pronounced "don-ya").  I'll be going over pronunciation at Pennsic, but in the mean time if you can get ahold of a copy of the King's Singers' "Fire-Water" CD, their pronunciation is pretty close (but not quite identical) to what I'll be using, though their rhythm is slightly different from our copy.  As a bonus, it also contains Otro tal misacantano, another Pennsic piece  - and it's a great CD.

      The other possibility would be for me to try to record the words in spoken form and post them, probably as .wav files, though of course it would take time...  Do people think that would be important at this stage?

      Thanks for everyone's interest and enthusiasm!

      Arianna

      Charles and Deborah Fassel <captfaz@...> wrote:
      It is probably just my printer.  I did the few lines in Noteworthy and pasted them over, so it should be OK.
      While I am asking questions, what would be the correct pronunciation for dindirin?
      Thanks.
      Ariadne

    • Charles and Deborah Fassel
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 24, 2006
        I have 1.75b Noteworthy.  Thanks anyway!  I will try to find the CD; it sounds like a good one.  The only word I really wondered about was the actual 'dindirin'.  It could be dan, din or deen for the first syllable.
        The wav files sound like way too much trouble.