music glitch?

  • Ariadne, Reynard, Jill
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 23, 2006
      Hello,
      When printing out the music for "Gentil senora mia" from the posted
      files, I found that the fourth part (2nd tenor?)had only 4 staff lines
      in several places. Is that just my printer, or what?
      Ariadne
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 23, 2006
        Ariadne,

        I am sorry that you're having trouble getting Gentil Senora Mia to print.

        I opened the copy that's on the Yahoo Group site and it looked fine on my screen, so then I printed it and once again it was fine, with all staff lines intact, so I'm not sure what's causing the problem.

        Has anyone else had this problem of some staff lines not printing?

        Ariadne, if you are unable to get a decent copy to print, please email me again and I will print it and send it to you by postal mail.

        BTW, the next-to-bottom line is the Tenor part, and I was planning to have the one above it that looks like a Tenor part sung by the 2nd altos since it's not actually all that low.  At the moment, however, much to my delight and astonishment, there are more tenors registered for Pennsic than any other part, so if that continues as it gets closer to Pennsic, I may reallocate the voices on that piece.  A lovely "problem" to have!

        Now, we just need a few more basses....

        Arianna

        "Ariadne, Reynard, Jill" <captfaz@...> wrote:
        Hello,
        When printing out the music for "Gentil senora mia" from the posted
        files, I found that the fourth part (2nd tenor?)had only 4 staff lines
        in several places.  Is that just my printer, or what?
        Ariadne

      • Charles and Deborah Fassel
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 23, 2006
          It is probably just my printer.  I did the few lines in Noteworthy and pasted them over, so it should be OK.
          While I am asking questions, what would be the correct pronunciation for dindirin?
          Thanks.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 23, 2006
            Ariadne,

            Would it help you if I sent the original Noteworthy file?  I have Noteworthy Composer 2 (Beta), though, so you'd have to download a copy if you're still using 1.75 as the older version won't read files from version 2.

            Pronunciation is hard to do in print.  Dindirin is not actually in Spanish; I believe it's Catalan, though it comes off as a mishmash of Spanish and French (so, for example, "je" is pronounced as in French, but "dana" which should have a tilda over the N, is pronounced "don-ya").  I'll be going over pronunciation at Pennsic, but in the mean time if you can get ahold of a copy of the King's Singers' "Fire-Water" CD, their pronunciation is pretty close (but not quite identical) to what I'll be using, though their rhythm is slightly different from our copy.  As a bonus, it also contains Otro tal misacantano, another Pennsic piece  - and it's a great CD.

            The other possibility would be for me to try to record the words in spoken form and post them, probably as .wav files, though of course it would take time...  Do people think that would be important at this stage?

            Thanks for everyone's interest and enthusiasm!

            Arianna

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 24, 2006
              I have 1.75b Noteworthy.  Thanks anyway!  I will try to find the CD; it sounds like a good one.  The only word I really wondered about was the actual 'dindirin'.  It could be dan, din or deen for the first syllable.
              The wav files sound like way too much trouble.