Re: generic stuff

  • Maria Daggett
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 27, 2004
      Svea - it sounds like you guys had the right
      idea......wish you couldhave sung for longer than 15
      minutes though, but it's tough to all be there, no one
      really knowing how to get it going and when you figure
      that out, it doesnt' quite sound like you want it to.
      Frustrating, but sometimes, fun, I know.

      You know, as part of my Master Plan to start the E K
      Chorale, it might be in your favor to let me send you
      a few pieces with parts played out for you. You can
      then try and listen and sing, and hopefully, it will
      turn in to something. It would sort of be like, me
      being there for about 5 minutes, with out the bad
      jokes.

      But seriously, there are pieces that would be good to
      sing, as beginner pieces. I am all for rounds. Every
      one learns ONE part, then you all break out and singe
      them.

      Some Rounds can also be sung as bawdy songs, and
      bardic style, so you learn one piece that you can
      perform alone, or with others.

      I know that I won't be attending all too many events
      this year, since I've been out of work for the first
      time in my life, .....and being a Music Teacher in a
      State that is just killing off music, dance and art in
      the public schools....so, I"m taking it a bit easy on
      the traveling and event attending.
      BUT, If there isn't a prediction of massive snow and
      there is an organized gathering of people I will make
      a trip to teach, rehearse and get people started......

      Anyway, I"m going to be putting some rounds down and
      in files ........and hopefully loading them up here on
      this site.....

      Stay warm and dry......

      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/