Re: [KWChoir] Re: Estrella wrap-up

  • DON HARRINGTON
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 21, 2006
      We missed you. :)

      The rehearsal venue was a bit of a last-minute change - they had originally
      scheduled us for the "Music and Dance" area, but that was open to the
      outdoors and wouldn't have worked.

      I don't know the acoustic properties of privies but I imagine you get lots
      of reverb just like singing in the shower.

      Don Harrington
      Lazarus Artifex

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 21, 2006
        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "DON HARRINGTON" <donharrington@...>
        wrote:

        > I don't know the acoustic properties of privies but I imagine you
        get lots
        > of reverb just like singing in the shower.

        We weren't actually IN the privies. ;->
        But I got my beginners to sing - in Latin and Middle English. And
        while they weren't quite confident with "Sumer Is Icumen In" as canon,
        they did quite well with "Joan Glover," so I was quite pleased.