Re: Estrella wrap-up

  • wodeford
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 21, 2006
      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Donald F. Harrington"
      <donharrington@...> wrote:

      > Well, the Estrella War is closing down and we had another successful
      > Known World Choir performance.

      I regret I could not commit to singing with you this year. I had
      volunteered to teach and had other duties that had me thinking I'd be
      overstretched if I tried.

      In a typical "What were they thinking?" move, the A&S coordinator not
      only scheduled my period singalong class against your practice - they
      put us at the table closest to your ramada! I ended up teaching my
      beginners over by the bank of privies instead. ;->

      There's always next year!

      Jehanne de Wodeford,
      Province of the Mists, West Kingdom
    • DON HARRINGTON
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 21, 2006
        We missed you. :)

        The rehearsal venue was a bit of a last-minute change - they had originally
        scheduled us for the "Music and Dance" area, but that was open to the
        outdoors and wouldn't have worked.

        I don't know the acoustic properties of privies but I imagine you get lots
        of reverb just like singing in the shower.

        Don Harrington
        Lazarus Artifex

        > > Well, the Estrella War is closing down and we had another successful
        > > Known World Choir performance.
        >
        > I regret I could not commit to singing with you this year. I had
        > volunteered to teach and had other duties that had me thinking I'd be
        > overstretched if I tried.
        >
        > In a typical "What were they thinking?" move, the A&S coordinator not
        > only scheduled my period singalong class against your practice - they
        > put us at the table closest to your ramada! I ended up teaching my
        > beginners over by the bank of privies instead. ;->
        >
        > There's always next year!
        >
        > Jehanne de Wodeford,
        > Province of the Mists, West Kingdom

        > Service.

      • wodeford
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 21, 2006
          --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "DON HARRINGTON" <donharrington@...>
          wrote:

          > I don't know the acoustic properties of privies but I imagine you
          get lots
          > of reverb just like singing in the shower.

          We weren't actually IN the privies. ;->
          But I got my beginners to sing - in Latin and Middle English. And
          while they weren't quite confident with "Sumer Is Icumen In" as canon,
          they did quite well with "Joan Glover," so I was quite pleased.