Re: [KWChoir] Estrella wrap-up

  • DON HARRINGTON
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 20, 2006
      Sadly, no recording this year, unless someone from the audience has
      something they could share with us. (I already have visions of some kind of
      archivist who travels from War to War recording performances and maintaining
      an accessible history.)

      Don Harrington
      Lazarus Artifex

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 21, 2006
        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Donald F. Harrington"
        <donharrington@...> wrote:

        > Well, the Estrella War is closing down and we had another successful
        > Known World Choir performance.

        I regret I could not commit to singing with you this year. I had
        volunteered to teach and had other duties that had me thinking I'd be
        overstretched if I tried.

        In a typical "What were they thinking?" move, the A&S coordinator not
        only scheduled my period singalong class against your practice - they
        put us at the table closest to your ramada! I ended up teaching my
        beginners over by the bank of privies instead. ;->

        There's always next year!

        Jehanne de Wodeford,
        Province of the Mists, West Kingdom
      • DON HARRINGTON
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 21, 2006
          We missed you. :)

          The rehearsal venue was a bit of a last-minute change - they had originally
          scheduled us for the "Music and Dance" area, but that was open to the
          outdoors and wouldn't have worked.

          I don't know the acoustic properties of privies but I imagine you get lots
          of reverb just like singing in the shower.

          Don Harrington
          Lazarus Artifex

          > > Well, the Estrella War is closing down and we had another successful
          > > Known World Choir performance.
          >
          > I regret I could not commit to singing with you this year. I had
          > volunteered to teach and had other duties that had me thinking I'd be
          > overstretched if I tried.
          >
          > In a typical "What were they thinking?" move, the A&S coordinator not
          > only scheduled my period singalong class against your practice - they
          > put us at the table closest to your ramada! I ended up teaching my
          > beginners over by the bank of privies instead. ;->
          >
          > There's always next year!
          >
          > Jehanne de Wodeford,
          > Province of the Mists, West Kingdom

          > Service.

        • wodeford
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 21, 2006
            --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "DON HARRINGTON" <donharrington@...>
            wrote:

            > I don't know the acoustic properties of privies but I imagine you
            get lots
            > of reverb just like singing in the shower.

            We weren't actually IN the privies. ;->
            But I got my beginners to sing - in Latin and Middle English. And
            while they weren't quite confident with "Sumer Is Icumen In" as canon,
            they did quite well with "Joan Glover," so I was quite pleased.