Take off for Estrella

  • erlannordenskald
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2006
      I wanted to wish everyone well out at the war this week. Some of you
      may know that I will not be attending.

      I didnt' share this with the list earlier, but, I need to tend to
      some health issues that arrose from an accident at my job on Jan
      27th. I thought that I might be OK to travel and attend the war,but I
      really am not. I was assaulted by my students in class. Knocked
      down, trampled kicked and beaten by my middle school students that I
      teach music to in the New York City Public Schools. Anyway, besides
      broken glasses, I hurt my left arm. Sprained and bruised wrist, some
      bruises and bangs and my left shoulder is injured. Today I had the
      MRI so we'll know in a few days what the results will be. The
      Orthopedist thinks that there is torn rotator cuff and I will need
      surgery. So, I made the decision just a few days ago, not to travel
      and camp and all that..
      There are some issues I need to deal with on a mental health
      level, it was kinda traumatic. And the Principal of the school isn't
      willing to sign off on my "injured on the job" which means I can take
      the sick time off but with pay, so I haven't seen a pay check since
      Jan 15th. So, all in all, dealing with a really hurt left arm and the
      beaurocratic *&^*())*&(^*&^%^%(^ of New York City... I am staying
      here for the duration of the war.

      I know that everyone will have a wonderful time!!

      OH, if all goes right, we will have a badge very very soon!!

      Sing Well.... Sing often!! and Listen TO Lazzarus!!

      Erlan Nordenskald