Estrella War Song List

  • DON HARRINGTON
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2006
      I apologize for how long this has taken, but modern life has been keeping me
      very occupied. I've published the song list for Estrella '06. You can find
      it at www.donharrington.net

      Alle Psallite
      Anonymous - rousing 13th Century trio that goes well with bells and drums.
      Latin.

      The Agincourt Carol
      Anonymous - The best known of many songs written soon after the famous
      Battle of Agincourt in 1415. English.

      A Solis Ortus Cardine
      Gilles Binchois (c. 1400 - 1460). The Gregorian hymn melody is in the middle
      part of this trio. Latin.

      Dindirin
      Anonymous - 15th century. Some rhythmic adjustments and a twist ending.
      Polyglot French.

      Ce Moys de May
      Clement Janequin (ca. 1485--1558). A fun tune about green dresses, skipping,
      kissing and other activities. Reprised from last year by popular demand.
      French.

      O Bone Jesu
      Originally ascribed to Palestrina, now accorded to Marco Antonio Ingegneri
      (1547-1592). Beautiful harmonies in a very Palestrina-like setting. Latin.

      Matona Mia Cara
      Orlando di Lasso (1532-1594). Another song about love (aren't they all?)
      with some onomatopoeia thrown in. Polyglot Italian.

      Fire Fire My Heart
      Thomas Morley (1558-1603). We said last year that we would always include a
      Morley tune, so here it is. Based on a 3-part arrangement for SSA, to give
      the female voices a chance to shine. English.

      Non Nobis Domine
      Originally ascribed to William Byrd (1539�1623) but that is in contention. A
      simple and moving contrapuntal tune. Latin.

      Toss The Pot
      Thomas Ravenscroft (1592-1633). Just a fun drinking song. English.

      Rehearsals are scheduled Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, all from
      noon till 2:00 PM, all at the Music & Dance section of the Arts & Sciences
      area.

      Sunday Preview (1 song) Queen's Tea 11 AM Grand Pavillion
      Sunday Performance 4-6 PM Grand Pavillion

      Performers will be expected to attend at least two rehearsals to be in the
      final performance. We've spread them all over the schedule to make it as
      easy as possible for you to fit them in with all your other Estrella fun.

      Don Harrington
      Lazarus Artifex
    • wodeford
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2006
        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "DON HARRINGTON" <donharrington@m...>
        wrote:

        > I apologize for how long this has taken, but modern life has been
        keeping me
        > very occupied.

        Rock and roll, I KNOW some of these! Thanks, Lazarus.

        Jehanne de Wodeford,
        West Kingdom
      • DON HARRINGTON
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 31, 2006
          I thought it would be good to stick with the tried-and-true, although I have
          lots of experimental ideas for next year.

          Don Harrington
          Lazarus Artifex

          >From: "wodeford" <wodeford@...>
          >To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [KWChoir] Re: Estrella War Song List
          >Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:21:54 -0000
          >

          >--- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "DON HARRINGTON" <donharrington@m...>
          >
          >wrote:
          >

          > > I apologize for how long this has taken, but modern life has been
          >
          >keeping me
          >
          > > very occupied.
          >

          >Rock and roll, I KNOW some of these! Thanks, Lazarus.
          >

          >Jehanne de Wodeford,
          >
          >West Kingdom

          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >

          > Visit your group "KWChoir" on the web.

        • daggett42
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 31, 2006
            It makes me really happy when a director says "I'm thinking about next
            year" already.
            Congratulations to Brice, the director of Lillies this year!! Yeah.
            He and I will be discussing all the details about reherasals and music
            and you will soon see some info for Lillies here on this list.

            The Estrella song list looks great, notice a cross over to Pennsic
            this year!!

            For me, this is sort of like seeing my todler walk ... seeing all the
            choirs move along their own path.

            Again I thank all the singers and directors and autocrats and everyone
            else who helps!

            Erlan Nordenskald; Co-ordinator KWC, Director Emeritas
            (hiding in the East Kingdom's Shire of the Rusted Woodlands)