RE: [KWChoir] Pennsic Choir

  • Sabine
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 23, 2005
      --- Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@...> wrote:
      > Thanks! I have created a list of volunteers, and currently you are
      > the
      > first instrumentalist on it. What do you play?

      Me too, me too please! :)

      I play recorder (soprano and tenor), along with crumhorn and cornamuse
      (soprano only for the latter); I own a shawm, but I'm not *promising*
      I'll be up to concert performance level on it by Pennsic! If you decide
      to do any of the Cantigas de Santa Maria, I also play a wooden keyless
      transverse flute -- you see them in the cantiga illuminations, so it'd
      be neat for me to have such an appropriate playing opportunity. Alas,
      it's a fairly quiet instrument when unmiked...

      By the way, I don't know if this helps at all, but some of the cantigas
      work very well as call-and-response pieces -- you could maybe have the
      call lines sung by a few voices with the whole choir joining in on the
      refrains.

      -Sabine

      Just $16.99/mo. or less.
      dsl.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 23, 2005
        Call and response is a nice idea, Sabine - I will definitely think on
        it! And the flute sounds lovely. Quiet instruments just mean the
        soloists don't have to project quite as much to be heard, so that's ok.

        I'll be heading out within the hour to spend the holiday with my
        in-laws in Ohio, and thus will probably be offline for 4-5 days. So
        please don't think I'm ignoring any responses, folks. Keep your
        enthusiasm coming!

        Arianna

        __________________________________
      • ladysiobhan@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 27, 2005
          I'm in too.. I play soprano and tenor recorder and harp.  Also a fair drummer.

          Siobhan inghean ui Dhonnabhain

          From: Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@...>

          > Thanks! I have created a list of volunteers, and currently you are the
          > first instrumentalist on it. What do you play?
          >
          > Arianna
          >
          > --- M K wrote:

          > I don't know if this is currently an issue, but if you're recruiting
          > instrumentalists I would love to do that.

        • the_real_damont
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 9, 2006
            If you're still recruiting instrumentalists for some solo or
            few-voices pieces, count me in as well; I play recorder and brass, I
            can supply my own 'nino, soprano and alto recorders, slide trumpet,
            and trombone (with a very non-period F valve).

            Evan, who is also known to sing bass