RE: [KWChoir] preferance changed and other stuff

  • DON HARRINGTON
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 22, 2004
      Re: how to store music files for group

      Every file format has pros and cons of course, but I would seriously
      consider using PDF since that is freely available. Much music software is
      NOT freely available, and I don't know that you want to tie yourself down to
      a proprietary format. I say this as a happy, registered Noteworthy user who
      is always glad to get music in Noteworthy files - but I find I have to
      switch to a plain graphics file (JPG or the like) or a PDF file when I want
      to share my music with others.

      Just a thought.

      Don

    • erlannordenskald
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 25, 2004
        Yes I aggree that PDF files are probably the best way to put music up
        on a site. I would assume that if anyone wanted a specific format,
        those could be made available as well.

        Other feed back on this topic would be good!

        OH and Welcome to the site Don I think you might be the first male
        voice, but I'm not entirely sure........too bad you're not in the
        East Kingdom............ (devilish erlan thinks and grins..)
      • DON HARRINGTON
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 26, 2004
          Yes, I am in sunny Atenveldt, far from the East Kingdom. And I know what
          you mean - recruiting male voices around here is quite a task. I usually
          run at least 2 to 1 in the female-male ratio.

          Don / Lazarus

        • deilleoffarnham
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 27, 2004
            That is so - sadly. I am one of Laz' three Soprano's (right now the
            altos have the upper hand).
            Sang with the KWChoir the first year that Mistress Anne had the lead
            and had a great, great time. Plans are looking good for Pennsic this
            year - can not wait to join you all again!

            Deille

            --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "DON HARRINGTON" <donharrington@m...>