preferance changed and other stuff

  • daggett42
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 22, 2004
      OKY, now every one should be able to see every one's
      profiles........just members of course.......

      Since I am the owner and moderator of this list, anytime there is
      ANYTHING that seems like it's wrong or what ever.......just e mail me
      here on the list or off and I"ll take care of it.

      the next step for me is to start building a files section full of
      music.

      I use Sibelius, and an older Voyetra program called Music Write. I
      know that Noteworthy is free and idiot proof, apparantly, but I don't
      have it yet.

      It would be great to have files in there, so that is what I"m about
      to set upon doing. ANy feed back on method's for writing music,
      keeping things here on line and easy to read would be great.

      Erlan
    • DON HARRINGTON
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 22, 2004
        Re: how to store music files for group

        Every file format has pros and cons of course, but I would seriously
        consider using PDF since that is freely available. Much music software is
        NOT freely available, and I don't know that you want to tie yourself down to
        a proprietary format. I say this as a happy, registered Noteworthy user who
        is always glad to get music in Noteworthy files - but I find I have to
        switch to a plain graphics file (JPG or the like) or a PDF file when I want
        to share my music with others.

        Just a thought.

        Don

      • erlannordenskald
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 25, 2004
          Yes I aggree that PDF files are probably the best way to put music up
          on a site. I would assume that if anyone wanted a specific format,
          those could be made available as well.

          Other feed back on this topic would be good!

          OH and Welcome to the site Don I think you might be the first male
          voice, but I'm not entirely sure........too bad you're not in the
          East Kingdom............ (devilish erlan thinks and grins..)
        • DON HARRINGTON
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 26, 2004
            Yes, I am in sunny Atenveldt, far from the East Kingdom. And I know what
            you mean - recruiting male voices around here is quite a task. I usually
            run at least 2 to 1 in the female-male ratio.

            Don / Lazarus

          • deilleoffarnham
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 27, 2004
              That is so - sadly. I am one of Laz' three Soprano's (right now the
              altos have the upper hand).
              Sang with the KWChoir the first year that Mistress Anne had the lead
              and had a great, great time. Plans are looking good for Pennsic this
              year - can not wait to join you all again!

              Deille

              --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "DON HARRINGTON" <donharrington@m...>