Re: [KWChoir] More feedback

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 12, 2005
      Very true, Ysabiau! Many times the things we do can have amazing and
      unforeseen long-term effects.

      I would also like to commend Erlan for maintaining her cool and
      continuing to smile at Pennsic when circumstances were conspiring
      against us. I will try to do as good a job at maintaining MY cool next
      Pennsic!

      Arianna

      --- Ysabiau Jolicoeur d'Avignon <sionedhe@...> wrote:

      > Hello everyone! I was the tall, lone Trimarian at
      > this year's Pennsic. I had a wonderful time at my
      > first Pennsic and participating in the KW choir
      > played a major part of it.
      >
      > Marea's input is so valid - more importantly it
      > is usable. I would like to add an intangible; one
      > of the things that impressed me with this year's
      > leadership was her ability to handle externally
      > rising pressures while keeping the internal
      > pressure (which in performance situations can
      > become explosive!) maintainable.Our comraderie,
      > through the music, was the main focus - with the
      > goal of that comraderie being the quality of work
      > we would produce in concert. The performance
      > pieces gained value - not soley because of the
      > authenticity of the pieces but because a group of
      > people decided to work together to perform them
      > to the best of their ability, boldy, with modern
      > flaws and all; the truest and most beautiful type
      > of anachronism.
      >
      > Esprit de corps is not an easy thing to establish
      > and/or maintain. It takes a good leader to
      > recognize it and nurture it. Vivat! I look
      > forward to getting to know all of you better in
      > the years to come.
      >
      > With Fond Regards,
      >
      > Lady Ysabiau la Jolicoeur d'Avignon
      > Trimaris
      >
      > PS. If we musicians find ourselves concerned with
      > being a "fringe" element of SCA, remember this -
      > it doesn't matter what the audience size is -
      > what matters is the impact we have on the
      > audience.
      >
      > A new friend of mine from Atlantia has picked up
      > the recorder, and "relearned" to play it, and is
      > looking for more challenging material. He has
      > mundane obligations that would boggle even the
      > busiest of our lives, yet he is making time to
      > fit msic into his. If he hadn't attended the
      > KWChoir concert, this wouldn't have happened.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Maria Foss
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 26, 2005
        Thank you, Lady Ysabiau, for your kind words of affirmation.  I hope that next year I, like your Atlantian friend, find a way to fit more music into my vacation at the War.

        Marea