More feedback

  • Ysabiau Jolicoeur d'Avignon
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 12, 2005
      Hello everyone! I was the tall, lone Trimarian at
      this year's Pennsic. I had a wonderful time at my
      first Pennsic and participating in the KW choir
      played a major part of it.

      Marea's input is so valid - more importantly it
      is usable. I would like to add an intangible; one
      of the things that impressed me with this year's
      leadership was her ability to handle externally
      rising pressures while keeping the internal
      pressure (which in performance situations can
      become explosive!) maintainable.Our comraderie,
      through the music, was the main focus - with the
      goal of that comraderie being the quality of work
      we would produce in concert. The performance
      pieces gained value - not soley because of the
      authenticity of the pieces but because a group of
      people decided to work together to perform them
      to the best of their ability, boldy, with modern
      flaws and all; the truest and most beautiful type
      of anachronism.

      Esprit de corps is not an easy thing to establish
      and/or maintain. It takes a good leader to
      recognize it and nurture it. Vivat! I look
      forward to getting to know all of you better in
      the years to come.

      With Fond Regards,

      Lady Ysabiau la Jolicoeur d'Avignon
      Trimaris

      PS. If we musicians find ourselves concerned with
      being a "fringe" element of SCA, remember this -
      it doesn't matter what the audience size is -
      what matters is the impact we have on the
      audience.

      A new friend of mine from Atlantia has picked up
      the recorder, and "relearned" to play it, and is
      looking for more challenging material. He has
      mundane obligations that would boggle even the
      busiest of our lives, yet he is making time to
      fit msic into his. If he hadn't attended the
      KWChoir concert, this wouldn't have happened.
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 12, 2005
        Very true, Ysabiau! Many times the things we do can have amazing and
        unforeseen long-term effects.

        I would also like to commend Erlan for maintaining her cool and
        continuing to smile at Pennsic when circumstances were conspiring
        against us. I will try to do as good a job at maintaining MY cool next
        Pennsic!

        Arianna

        --- Ysabiau Jolicoeur d'Avignon <sionedhe@...> wrote:

        > Hello everyone! I was the tall, lone Trimarian at
        > this year's Pennsic. I had a wonderful time at my
        > first Pennsic and participating in the KW choir
        > played a major part of it.
        >
        > Marea's input is so valid - more importantly it
        > is usable. I would like to add an intangible; one
        > of the things that impressed me with this year's
        > leadership was her ability to handle externally
        > rising pressures while keeping the internal
        > pressure (which in performance situations can
        > become explosive!) maintainable.Our comraderie,
        > through the music, was the main focus - with the
        > goal of that comraderie being the quality of work
        > we would produce in concert. The performance
        > pieces gained value - not soley because of the
        > authenticity of the pieces but because a group of
        > people decided to work together to perform them
        > to the best of their ability, boldy, with modern
        > flaws and all; the truest and most beautiful type
        > of anachronism.
        >
        > Esprit de corps is not an easy thing to establish
        > and/or maintain. It takes a good leader to
        > recognize it and nurture it. Vivat! I look
        > forward to getting to know all of you better in
        > the years to come.
        >
        > With Fond Regards,
        >
        > Lady Ysabiau la Jolicoeur d'Avignon
        > Trimaris
        >
        > PS. If we musicians find ourselves concerned with
        > being a "fringe" element of SCA, remember this -
        > it doesn't matter what the audience size is -
        > what matters is the impact we have on the
        > audience.
        >
        > A new friend of mine from Atlantia has picked up
        > the recorder, and "relearned" to play it, and is
        > looking for more challenging material. He has
        > mundane obligations that would boggle even the
        > busiest of our lives, yet he is making time to
        > fit msic into his. If he hadn't attended the
        > KWChoir concert, this wouldn't have happened.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Maria Foss
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 26, 2005
          Thank you, Lady Ysabiau, for your kind words of affirmation.  I hope that next year I, like your Atlantian friend, find a way to fit more music into my vacation at the War.

          Marea