Re: age of choir

  • draculachanter
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 11, 2005
      > 23 Jocelyn 1995 CHARTRES CATHEDRAL

      I have to disagree with the year on this one...it was very early in
      my Pennsic career that I performed in that concert. I'm pretty sure
      it was in the Pennsic 18-20 range. I will look for my
      documentation for that time to back myself up, though! :-)

      Heloise (then known as Aidan)
    • Ysabiau Jolicoeur d'Avignon
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 12, 2005
        Hello everyone! I was the tall, lone Trimarian at
        this year's Pennsic. I had a wonderful time at my
        first Pennsic and participating in the KW choir
        played a major part of it.

        Marea's input is so valid - more importantly it
        is usable. I would like to add an intangible; one
        of the things that impressed me with this year's
        leadership was her ability to handle externally
        rising pressures while keeping the internal
        pressure (which in performance situations can
        become explosive!) maintainable.Our comraderie,
        through the music, was the main focus - with the
        goal of that comraderie being the quality of work
        we would produce in concert. The performance
        pieces gained value - not soley because of the
        authenticity of the pieces but because a group of
        people decided to work together to perform them
        to the best of their ability, boldy, with modern
        flaws and all; the truest and most beautiful type
        of anachronism.

        Esprit de corps is not an easy thing to establish
        and/or maintain. It takes a good leader to
        recognize it and nurture it. Vivat! I look
        forward to getting to know all of you better in
        the years to come.

        With Fond Regards,

        Lady Ysabiau la Jolicoeur d'Avignon
        Trimaris

        PS. If we musicians find ourselves concerned with
        being a "fringe" element of SCA, remember this -
        it doesn't matter what the audience size is -
        what matters is the impact we have on the
        audience.

        A new friend of mine from Atlantia has picked up
        the recorder, and "relearned" to play it, and is
        looking for more challenging material. He has
        mundane obligations that would boggle even the
        busiest of our lives, yet he is making time to
        fit msic into his. If he hadn't attended the
        KWChoir concert, this wouldn't have happened.
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 12, 2005
          Very true, Ysabiau! Many times the things we do can have amazing and
          unforeseen long-term effects.

          I would also like to commend Erlan for maintaining her cool and
          continuing to smile at Pennsic when circumstances were conspiring
          against us. I will try to do as good a job at maintaining MY cool next
          Pennsic!

          Arianna

          --- Ysabiau Jolicoeur d'Avignon <sionedhe@...> wrote:

          > Hello everyone! I was the tall, lone Trimarian at
          > this year's Pennsic. I had a wonderful time at my
          > first Pennsic and participating in the KW choir
          > played a major part of it.
          >
          > Marea's input is so valid - more importantly it
          > is usable. I would like to add an intangible; one
          > of the things that impressed me with this year's
          > leadership was her ability to handle externally
          > rising pressures while keeping the internal
          > pressure (which in performance situations can
          > become explosive!) maintainable.Our comraderie,
          > through the music, was the main focus - with the
          > goal of that comraderie being the quality of work
          > we would produce in concert. The performance
          > pieces gained value - not soley because of the
          > authenticity of the pieces but because a group of
          > people decided to work together to perform them
          > to the best of their ability, boldy, with modern
          > flaws and all; the truest and most beautiful type
          > of anachronism.
          >
          > Esprit de corps is not an easy thing to establish
          > and/or maintain. It takes a good leader to
          > recognize it and nurture it. Vivat! I look
          > forward to getting to know all of you better in
          > the years to come.
          >
          > With Fond Regards,
          >
          > Lady Ysabiau la Jolicoeur d'Avignon
          > Trimaris
          >
          > PS. If we musicians find ourselves concerned with
          > being a "fringe" element of SCA, remember this -
          > it doesn't matter what the audience size is -
          > what matters is the impact we have on the
          > audience.
          >
          > A new friend of mine from Atlantia has picked up
          > the recorder, and "relearned" to play it, and is
          > looking for more challenging material. He has
          > mundane obligations that would boggle even the
          > busiest of our lives, yet he is making time to
          > fit msic into his. If he hadn't attended the
          > KWChoir concert, this wouldn't have happened.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Maria Foss
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 26, 2005
            Thank you, Lady Ysabiau, for your kind words of affirmation.  I hope that next year I, like your Atlantian friend, find a way to fit more music into my vacation at the War.

            Marea