RE: [KWChoir] Re: age of choir

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 9, 2005
      Thanks! Let's talk in the early spring, then. Any other volunteers?

      Arianna

      --- Maria Foss <mfoss@...> wrote:

      > If I go (which I probably will) I am willing to help you with
      > keyboarding.
      > Please do not take this as a committment yet as much still can
      > change, but
      > please keep me in mind. It may be a good idea to have more than one
      > person
      > in this role as well.
      >
      > We should talk at some future time (perhaps in spring of next year?)
      >
      > Yours in service,
      >
      > Marea

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • draculachanter
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 11, 2005
        > 23 Jocelyn 1995 CHARTRES CATHEDRAL

        I have to disagree with the year on this one...it was very early in
        my Pennsic career that I performed in that concert. I'm pretty sure
        it was in the Pennsic 18-20 range. I will look for my
        documentation for that time to back myself up, though! :-)

        Heloise (then known as Aidan)
      • Ysabiau Jolicoeur d'Avignon
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 12, 2005
          Hello everyone! I was the tall, lone Trimarian at
          this year's Pennsic. I had a wonderful time at my
          first Pennsic and participating in the KW choir
          played a major part of it.

          Marea's input is so valid - more importantly it
          is usable. I would like to add an intangible; one
          of the things that impressed me with this year's
          leadership was her ability to handle externally
          rising pressures while keeping the internal
          pressure (which in performance situations can
          become explosive!) maintainable.Our comraderie,
          through the music, was the main focus - with the
          goal of that comraderie being the quality of work
          we would produce in concert. The performance
          pieces gained value - not soley because of the
          authenticity of the pieces but because a group of
          people decided to work together to perform them
          to the best of their ability, boldy, with modern
          flaws and all; the truest and most beautiful type
          of anachronism.

          Esprit de corps is not an easy thing to establish
          and/or maintain. It takes a good leader to
          recognize it and nurture it. Vivat! I look
          forward to getting to know all of you better in
          the years to come.

          With Fond Regards,

          Lady Ysabiau la Jolicoeur d'Avignon
          Trimaris

          PS. If we musicians find ourselves concerned with
          being a "fringe" element of SCA, remember this -
          it doesn't matter what the audience size is -
          what matters is the impact we have on the
          audience.

          A new friend of mine from Atlantia has picked up
          the recorder, and "relearned" to play it, and is
          looking for more challenging material. He has
          mundane obligations that would boggle even the
          busiest of our lives, yet he is making time to
          fit msic into his. If he hadn't attended the
          KWChoir concert, this wouldn't have happened.
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 12, 2005
            Very true, Ysabiau! Many times the things we do can have amazing and
            unforeseen long-term effects.

            I would also like to commend Erlan for maintaining her cool and
            continuing to smile at Pennsic when circumstances were conspiring
            against us. I will try to do as good a job at maintaining MY cool next
            Pennsic!

            Arianna

            --- Ysabiau Jolicoeur d'Avignon <sionedhe@...> wrote:

            > Hello everyone! I was the tall, lone Trimarian at
            > this year's Pennsic. I had a wonderful time at my
            > first Pennsic and participating in the KW choir
            > played a major part of it.
            >
            > Marea's input is so valid - more importantly it
            > is usable. I would like to add an intangible; one
            > of the things that impressed me with this year's
            > leadership was her ability to handle externally
            > rising pressures while keeping the internal
            > pressure (which in performance situations can
            > become explosive!) maintainable.Our comraderie,
            > through the music, was the main focus - with the
            > goal of that comraderie being the quality of work
            > we would produce in concert. The performance
            > pieces gained value - not soley because of the
            > authenticity of the pieces but because a group of
            > people decided to work together to perform them
            > to the best of their ability, boldy, with modern
            > flaws and all; the truest and most beautiful type
            > of anachronism.
            >
            > Esprit de corps is not an easy thing to establish
            > and/or maintain. It takes a good leader to
            > recognize it and nurture it. Vivat! I look
            > forward to getting to know all of you better in
            > the years to come.
            >
            > With Fond Regards,
            >
            > Lady Ysabiau la Jolicoeur d'Avignon
            > Trimaris
            >
            > PS. If we musicians find ourselves concerned with
            > being a "fringe" element of SCA, remember this -
            > it doesn't matter what the audience size is -
            > what matters is the impact we have on the
            > audience.
            >
            > A new friend of mine from Atlantia has picked up
            > the recorder, and "relearned" to play it, and is
            > looking for more challenging material. He has
            > mundane obligations that would boggle even the
            > busiest of our lives, yet he is making time to
            > fit msic into his. If he hadn't attended the
            > KWChoir concert, this wouldn't have happened.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Maria Foss
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 26, 2005
              Thank you, Lady Ysabiau, for your kind words of affirmation.  I hope that next year I, like your Atlantian friend, find a way to fit more music into my vacation at the War.

              Marea