RE: [KWChoir] Re: age of choir

  • Eric Grace
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 9, 2005
      Scripsit Erlan:
      >25 Elfrida 1997  Mass Bits
      >24 Elfrida  1996 Stuff AND original compositions by V. t. P.

      Reverse that.  My first year was 1995 and we did the conglomerate Mass, and the second was "music about musicians" and Purple madrigals in 1996.  I remember these years because '96 is my daughter's birth year and I was more than 6 months along that Pennsic.  So that means Chartres under Jos was 1994, which I also remember because it was my father's last Pennsic.  OK, and that makes the Xmas concert in '98 because it was the last time I was there, the Pennsic immediately before my second daughter's conception (don't you just love the Autumnal Equinox?) and she was born in June of '99.

      How many times have we (don't you love that "we" when I haven't been around since '98?) sung Praetorius's "Psallite"?  I know we did it once under Jos and once for Erlan's Xmas concert (one of my all-time favorites).

      Elfrida

      Honor is the garment of the soul.
      (Akhenaten)
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 9, 2005
        Thanks! Let's talk in the early spring, then. Any other volunteers?

        Arianna

        --- Maria Foss <mfoss@...> wrote:

        > If I go (which I probably will) I am willing to help you with
        > keyboarding.
        > Please do not take this as a committment yet as much still can
        > change, but
        > please keep me in mind. It may be a good idea to have more than one
        > person
        > in this role as well.
        >
        > We should talk at some future time (perhaps in spring of next year?)
        >
        > Yours in service,
        >
        > Marea

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • draculachanter
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 11, 2005
          > 23 Jocelyn 1995 CHARTRES CATHEDRAL

          I have to disagree with the year on this one...it was very early in
          my Pennsic career that I performed in that concert. I'm pretty sure
          it was in the Pennsic 18-20 range. I will look for my
          documentation for that time to back myself up, though! :-)

          Heloise (then known as Aidan)
        • Ysabiau Jolicoeur d'Avignon
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 12, 2005
            Hello everyone! I was the tall, lone Trimarian at
            this year's Pennsic. I had a wonderful time at my
            first Pennsic and participating in the KW choir
            played a major part of it.

            Marea's input is so valid - more importantly it
            is usable. I would like to add an intangible; one
            of the things that impressed me with this year's
            leadership was her ability to handle externally
            rising pressures while keeping the internal
            pressure (which in performance situations can
            become explosive!) maintainable.Our comraderie,
            through the music, was the main focus - with the
            goal of that comraderie being the quality of work
            we would produce in concert. The performance
            pieces gained value - not soley because of the
            authenticity of the pieces but because a group of
            people decided to work together to perform them
            to the best of their ability, boldy, with modern
            flaws and all; the truest and most beautiful type
            of anachronism.

            Esprit de corps is not an easy thing to establish
            and/or maintain. It takes a good leader to
            recognize it and nurture it. Vivat! I look
            forward to getting to know all of you better in
            the years to come.

            With Fond Regards,

            Lady Ysabiau la Jolicoeur d'Avignon
            Trimaris

            PS. If we musicians find ourselves concerned with
            being a "fringe" element of SCA, remember this -
            it doesn't matter what the audience size is -
            what matters is the impact we have on the
            audience.

            A new friend of mine from Atlantia has picked up
            the recorder, and "relearned" to play it, and is
            looking for more challenging material. He has
            mundane obligations that would boggle even the
            busiest of our lives, yet he is making time to
            fit msic into his. If he hadn't attended the
            KWChoir concert, this wouldn't have happened.
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 12, 2005
              Very true, Ysabiau! Many times the things we do can have amazing and
              unforeseen long-term effects.

              I would also like to commend Erlan for maintaining her cool and
              continuing to smile at Pennsic when circumstances were conspiring
              against us. I will try to do as good a job at maintaining MY cool next
              Pennsic!

              Arianna

              --- Ysabiau Jolicoeur d'Avignon <sionedhe@...> wrote:

              > Hello everyone! I was the tall, lone Trimarian at
              > this year's Pennsic. I had a wonderful time at my
              > first Pennsic and participating in the KW choir
              > played a major part of it.
              >
              > Marea's input is so valid - more importantly it
              > is usable. I would like to add an intangible; one
              > of the things that impressed me with this year's
              > leadership was her ability to handle externally
              > rising pressures while keeping the internal
              > pressure (which in performance situations can
              > become explosive!) maintainable.Our comraderie,
              > through the music, was the main focus - with the
              > goal of that comraderie being the quality of work
              > we would produce in concert. The performance
              > pieces gained value - not soley because of the
              > authenticity of the pieces but because a group of
              > people decided to work together to perform them
              > to the best of their ability, boldy, with modern
              > flaws and all; the truest and most beautiful type
              > of anachronism.
              >
              > Esprit de corps is not an easy thing to establish
              > and/or maintain. It takes a good leader to
              > recognize it and nurture it. Vivat! I look
              > forward to getting to know all of you better in
              > the years to come.
              >
              > With Fond Regards,
              >
              > Lady Ysabiau la Jolicoeur d'Avignon
              > Trimaris
              >
              > PS. If we musicians find ourselves concerned with
              > being a "fringe" element of SCA, remember this -
              > it doesn't matter what the audience size is -
              > what matters is the impact we have on the
              > audience.
              >
              > A new friend of mine from Atlantia has picked up
              > the recorder, and "relearned" to play it, and is
              > looking for more challenging material. He has
              > mundane obligations that would boggle even the
              > busiest of our lives, yet he is making time to
              > fit msic into his. If he hadn't attended the
              > KWChoir concert, this wouldn't have happened.

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Maria Foss

                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 26, 2005
                  Thank you, Lady Ysabiau, for your kind words of affirmation.  I hope that next year I, like your Atlantian friend, find a way to fit more music into my vacation at the War.

                  Marea