Re: more on feedback

  • Maria Daggett
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2005
      Thanks for the input and I'm sorry that you couldn't come and
      have more fun.

      I think that one misconception is that the rehearsals are to
      "learn" the music. The reason for pre-registration as I see it,
      are to give singers the chance to learn the music before, so
      that the time can be spent on rehearsing the group, creating the
      sound and spending more time on phrasing, dynamics and the
      nuances that set Renaissance vocal music in that special
      category.

      It's not a perfect thing, but we do try and do the best that we
      can. Recorders are easier for me to transport, but having a
      keyboard would be simple to play things. Arianna offered to
      bring one and Tara has brought hers in the past, and I've used
      it, but......I hate too. It brings in too much.......uh.
      mundanity into it. I try to "recreate" as best as I can, so I
      don't use an electronic keyboard for that reason.

      Requesting different spaces can't happen at war. I tried.
      During the prime times, no other space was available.

      I will tell you that originally I had a 3 hour block requested,
      it was my intention to separate groups in 30 minute blocks. and
      then bring people together for the last 90 minutes. didnt'
      happen . Oh well :)

      I didn't have an assistant this year. I usually do have one, I
      think Anne had one last year and Arianna mght have one next
      year. It's all volunteer and who is able to commit.