Re: [KWChoir] Re: particulars

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6 12:11 PM
      I planned to stick with 4pm - 6pm for rehearsals in the hopes that this
      would allow fighters to participate. For me personally, since my
      husband fights, it also saves me having to bring my kids to rehearsals
      or else find a babysitter, since he's usually off the field by 4:00.
      The only exception is on performance day, when I followed Mistress
      Anne's example and moved practice earlier in the day (2:00 - 4:00) so
      people can have some relaxation and time to shower and change clothes
      before the 6:00 concert. Comments on these ideas are welcome.

      I would love to make the concert later, like 7:00 or 8:00, but I don't
      want to conflict with a Kingdom Court.

      I understand that the PA pavilion wasn't set up until late in the first
      week. Next Pennsic, if we can't have the PA Pavilion for rehearsals
      the first week, I'll request a regular A&S tent on an end somewhere, so
      we don't bother too many people. The barn was definitely an issue this
      year, though waaaay back 15 years or so ago we used to sing in the barn
      the whole war. Of course, there weren't so many teenagers then - but
      I'm happy to see teenagers at Pennsic, even if they are noisy!

      We've had water in the PA Pavilion for several years now, since THL
      (now Master) John vander Velde became PA Coordinator. Definitely a
      Good Thing.

      Arianna

      --- Maria Daggett <daggett42@...> wrote:

      > Water in PA tent. Got it. Yah that was pretty decent!!
      >
      > Arianna - what times did you request? Maybe we could get some
      > feedback from people on the selected times that I put in for
      > this year, and whether or not they worked.
      >
      > Things that I had problems with - 1)I first requested a 3 hour
      > block (3-6) in order to place sectionals, but that wasnt'
      > available. 2) Using the barn the first part of the war, might
      > have been a good PR tool, but it wasn't great for acoustics.
      > 3) rehearsing in the performance space had it's advantages, but
      > it would have been nice to have the risers up and usable PRIOR
      > to the day before the concert!
      >
      > Also, regarding times - it's IMPORSSIBLE to get a time where
      > each person can be happy. a few years ago, I did a split time
      > rehearsal, I think Sat, Mon, Wed in the AM and Fri, Sun, Tues in
      > the late afternoon. That was more confusing to people, than it
      > was a postive. - any feedback on taht would be good.
      >
      > OK, enough of me!!
      >
      > Get ready for Estrella....... I hear that YEAR TWO will be
      > BETTER than YEAR ONE!! I plan on flying out for that war!!so
      > Im excited to participate and meet all the West KWC people!
      >
      > I am also going to drop some ideas on the files sections,
      > pictures for feedback on a badge. soon.
      >
      > peace and music
      >
      > erlan

    • Terri Spencer
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7 2:53 PM
        Arianna wrote:

        > I would love to make the concert later, like 7:00 or 8:00, but I
        > don't want to conflict with a Kingdom Court.

        LOL. The concert has conflicted with Meridian court since I've been
        singing in the choir - about 10 years now? Luckily, it is usually
        right across the street, on the rare occasions when I am called into
        court, they know where I am, and I can catch up with the happenings
        after the show.

        If you make the concert later, it would conflict with the Meridian
        party. I'd prefer to keep it where it is.

        Tara
        priorities firmly in place