Performaing arts questions

  • erlannordenskald
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6 3:10 AM
      Hey gang
      I'm doing some post pennsic space and rehearsal suggestions to the
      powers that be.
      Are there any comments on rehearsals? space? use of tents?
      scheduling that you would like to make that I can put into my "post
      mortem" for the A&S crew?
      Now is the time to make postive and negative comments!!!!

      Thanks

      Erlan

      PS, this might make all things a better experience for next year

      :)
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 6 5:47 AM
        FYI, I sent email to next year's coordinator, Lady Gwendolyn the
        Graceful (who it happens I know personally). I asked if she would be
        willing to schedule an empty half hour in the PA Pavilion BEFORE KWC
        rehearsals so that we don't have the problem we did this year of
        performances running long and causing us to lose rehearsal time. Lady
        Gwen is a bard and choral director herself, so I'm hoping for some
        understanding on this topic. I also requested the times for next
        year's rehearsals and performance, though I don't expect her to gear up
        until January.

        Arianna

        --- erlannordenskald <erlannordenskald@...> wrote:

        > Hey gang
        > I'm doing some post pennsic space and rehearsal suggestions to the
        >
        > powers that be.
        > Are there any comments on rehearsals? space? use of tents?
        > scheduling that you would like to make that I can put into my "post
        > mortem" for the A&S crew?
        > Now is the time to make postive and negative comments!!!!
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Erlan
        >
        > PS, this might make all things a better experience for next year
        >
        > :)

      • Ysolt la Bretonne
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 6 6:00 AM
          I appreciated the water in the Performing Arts tent. It was a great
          space to rehearse and perform.

          The tent near the bath house was grim and a bad decision on performance
          day. I know there was no way to change it at that point. I hope there is
          another solution next year.

          Ysolt

          --

          Lady Ysolt la Bretonne, CP, CGD, QOoC
          Barony of Windmasters' Hill

          Argent a mouse statant sable between three ermine spots gules
        • Maria Foss
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 6 7:37 PM
            Though it turns out I was not able to participate (due to a flare up of my asthma and some family responsibilities) from the one rehersal I managed to attend I did note the following:

                - I found that it was more difficult than I thought it would be to learn/run through my individual voice part when there are three other voices doing the same thing at the same time under the same tent.  Perhaps some way might be found to separate the sections enough to minimize this?  Perhaps rehearse sections first separately for the first hour and then bring us together in the second?  Just a thought.
                - It might simplify things for our director if she (or an assistant) could pick out the melodies on some type of keyboard  - or perhaps a harp - in any case a single instrument offering a range which could accomodate all our voices.  I love the sound of recorders, but having to switch between different ones to play a few measures in the right octave can't have been easy.
                - In may be beneficial for our director to find an dedicated accompanist for this purpose, freeing her to focus on the singers rather than having to split her attention up.
                - My pardon if any of these measures were attempted in those rehersals I was not able to attend.

            Humbly submitted,

            Marea Veronica d'Estoile of Rosewood